Mississippi Tuesday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Pete

Mississippi Tuesday

Post by Pete »

For anyone who has not experienced the swell rolling down Lake Pepin on a northwest wind, tomorrow is a great day to find out what you’ve been missing. The Point in Lake City is the spot. If you’re worried about a breakdown, you can ride in the bay. Same steam rollers chugging down the pipe. My eta is 10:30. Was out there late this afternoon. Saw no debris.

Pete
Professor Robae'

Re: Mississippi Tuesday

Post by Professor Robae' »

Sounds pretty sweet Pete! Dang, work gets in the way for that trip. Going to Wacky for another Classic Waconia afternoon.
But nothing matches Old Man River when he starts a Rollin.
Have fun and post pics!
Next time,
The Prof.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Should be able to give that board you sold me a try! Enjoy!
Quetzalcoatl

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Yes! The Point is Cool! I just don't know what board to ride. I think I'll just through in a 125 liter and a 103 liter. Might through in a a smaller one too.

Pete: nice succinct description of what the waves rolling down the channel are like on Pepin.

See you there! It will definitely be a day to don the Dry suit!

Eric (Quetzalcoatl out).
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

Anybody planning to sail White Bear Lake today? What time? I am planning to be there maybe around noon, and would try to avoid being alone.

Peter
Pete

Post by Pete »

Well, it wasn’t as strong as forecasted. I was on a 4.8 (in low wind setting) and the my larger glass board. It was good in the gusts but there were some holes and lulls. A few bits of debris, not an issue but one stick cleaned me off my board. I only discovered hours later that this had shoved my fin all the way back. I was wondering why my ride felt “off” as the day went on. At 3:30 the wind finally cranked up and the swell showed up in long rows. Rode the same gear and it was a great, powered up ride. Took a break and discovered the fin situation. Moved it back to the correct spot and had the best session of the day at 5:00 or so. Great end to the day but I was expecting much more wind. The 75 Clam with 4.2 attached sat rigged all day feeling lonesome. Was joined by Jason, who disappeared miles up wind on his kite and Eric...aka Quetzalcoatl. No pics to share...
Quetzalcoatl

Re: Mississippi Tuesday (and Quetzalcoatl speaks)

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Terrific Tuesday at the Point! Blue skies in afternoon, big waves (some waist high), big for me anyway!

I was happy the whole time on my F2 103 liter and Panther 5.2 sail. Pete G. was jumping again quite often.

There was a very good kiter dude. I sailed for 2.5 hours which is half of what Pete sailed. We sailed until sunset.

This was the best day for me (Quetzalcoatl) in a long time!

Quetzalcoatl out.
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

I had a 2 hours solo session on White Bear Lake on 83 l Mistral Synchro Fish and 6.5 m2 Nielpryde V8 Streetracer. Beautiful sunny session - still did not need gloves.
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Waconia was rocking! Lots of windsurfers and several kiters. Started with the 5.3M NP Combat and got overpowered quickly. Went down to the 4.7 and was dialed in until dark. Some good swell but also some Voodoo chop. A Classic WAC day!
Piotr

Post by Piotr »

Plans for tomorrow?