Fun day at Washington Saturday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Eric S

Fun day at Washington Saturday

Post by Eric S »

"...been a long time since I rockin' rolled..." du daaa du daaa du daat - Led Zeppelin

Rick, Jerry, Chad, Jason, Bill, Nick, Scott ... Too many new names and faces. I know I missed someone sorry. For sizing Nick was on an 8, Jerry 11 I think Bill might have been superchanrged on a 12. I only sailed - got ass kicking on too full 7.5 (forgot my damn mast addapter for RDM mast and Streamlined boom head, AAAAHHHGGG!) then rigged a 6.2 later and was a little under power. I was also so damn tired I could hardly pump onto a plane on the little swell that build up in the 5-25 MPH that varied. Dang, some of those gust were tuff to deal with. The more I relaxed and the better I sailed until I couldn't hang on any more.

PS, the water temps were getting up there. I didn't wear gloves of hood and was in the water a lot, however on my 150L Go I was able to get out and uphaul quickly. Most of the kiters only had to wait a little bit for the lulls to pass. No complaints out there - Just fun time hanging with new and old friends.

Pile of kites on Beach...

Some of the crew...

Jerry's favorite spot and my unrigged Sailworks 7.5 Retro from 2004. Only 2 session on it over a decade apart :)

Quetzalcoatl

Re: Fun day at Washington Saturday

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Great Report Eric.

Thank you!

And great photos too!

Quetzalcoatl out.