Clear Lake was GOOO!..open water,,sunny skies, steady wind

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Quetzalcoatl

Clear Lake was GOOO!..open water,,sunny skies, steady wind

Post by Quetzalcoatl »

Thurs. Dec. 10th,,,Clear Lake, Iowa was good. The lake was completely open...easy launch site from DNR headquarters.

I Windsurfed on a Bic 125 liter board and a PANTHER 6.0 sail. The DNR office is in abit of wind shadow for West wind. So I did Schlogg out

to the Middle of the lake where the Blasting line of wind was. The I just stayed out in the middle for almost two hours.

Sunny Blue skies (after 2:00 pm) sparkling water and just a good time in my Dry suit.

Maybe a New Years Day sail on Clear Lake or Lake Pepin!
Barry P

Re: Clear Lake was GOOO!..open water,,sunny skies, steady wi

Post by Barry P »

Great to hear you scored a good one. I ended up kiting here at Medicine Lake. Some margarita ice, but once the sun came out the wind picked up it was glorious!

I'm hoping for another session. I'd definitely make the drive to Clear to get one more this year.
Attachments
IMG_1379.JPG
IMG_1379.JPG (607.65 KiB) Viewed 2600 times