How is the ice on WBL?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

slopecat

How is the ice on WBL?

Post by slopecat »

Does anyone know what the ice is like on White Bear? I haven't been over there since it started to freeze up. I would like to get out there this weekend if its seems safe enough to go.

Checking the Harty's webcam on Medicince the past few days I have seen a portable fish house out there. Has anyone checked it out in person?

I hope to see many of you on the lakes soon.
slopecat

Re: How is the ice on WBL?

Post by slopecat »

slopecat wrote:Does anyone know what the ice is like on White Bear? I haven't been over there since it started to freeze up. I would like to get out there this weekend if its seems safe enough to go.
FYI - its good to go. I had a great time this afternoon! I started at Ramsey Beach and went all around the NW end of the lake. 20+ miles total. I went around the island and over to the bridge to Manitou Island. There is 4"-6" of ice and 100% snow cover.

There were a number of people out fishing and I could perr through all of the holes drilled over the past day. I was told there is 7" or more out from Bellaire and when I was driving down 61 on the way home I saw a LOT of people out fishing on that part of the lake.

Mike
Mike B

Re: How is the ice on WBL?

Post by Mike B »

Good to go at Ramsey - just add wind.
Midwest Mountaineering/Ozone Team Rider