Beginner site on NW wind

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

O.P.

Beginner site on NW wind

Post by O.P. »

It looks like Friday might be some light NW wind. As I have the day off and should the wind pick up a bit, I was looking to head to the lake for more practice sessions. Do you have any suggestions on where I should head to if the winds are coming from the NW? I'm still a beginner kiter working on getting on the board. I love Malmo but I'm not sure I can ride it on NW winds.
Thanks,
O.P.
Tighe

Re: Beginner site on NW wind

Post by Tighe »

Malmo is the best option for NW winds. As long as it doesn't go NNW, you should be fine. It will be great side or side on conditions. Walk as far out as you can stand and you have a few miles down the eastern shore of shallow waters. There is a narrow trench that allows boats to get out but otherwise it's shallow.

One good day up there will jump start your progression.

Post a report wherever you go. Always fun hearing about those first rides. We all remember them fondly.

Ride on
Tighe
O.P.

Post by O.P. »

Great. Thanks for the tip. Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some wind. Will let you know how it went!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Yeah it looks like the forecast is lightening up a bit. Never know though it is still a ways out. If the winds come up I'll probably head there as well.

fingers crossed
Tighe