Slingshot CSS Line Replacement

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Cory M

Slingshot CSS Line Replacement

Post by Cory M »

Wondering if anyone has any tips for me? I recently bought a short line set for a kite that uses short lines. I want to use a 2009 Rev bar with the CSS. The new lines are equal length and have sheaths on the ends. Couple problems:

- the sheath on the new CSS line attached to the bungee line will not go through the black piece above the bar. This makes the center lines different lengths when I attach them to a fixed point.

- the rear lines are quite a bit longer than the fronts. I have some winter leader lines but I'd have to attach them to the line ends near the kite. Still won't be exactly equal and not sure if the leader lines attached to the wrong end will affect performance.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Tighe

Re: Slingshot CSS Line Replacement

Post by Tighe »

If I remember correctly the benefits of that bar came from a pretty tight relationship between the lines and that bungie. If you sheathed end is too large it won't work effectively.

Couple of suggestions. I think I have some extra Slingshot Lines. We could probably find one or a set that would work for the CSS. They are extra so if it works they're yours.

The heavier SS lines do not require the sheathing and can be custom cut. We should be able to get all four lines equal.

Contact me offline to discuss. tighe at windancing dot com
Tighe
MK

Re: Slingshot CSS Line Replacement

Post by MK »

I too have solutions at the store in WBL with either custome linesets, pigtails, or addtional OEM parts. Let me know if I can help mike@lakawa.com