Where to ride in Madison, WI?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

johnz

Where to ride in Madison, WI?

Post by johnz »

I'm heading down this weekend and Saturday looks really good!

I've never kited in Madison before - don't know what is etiquette and where is a good launch.

I'm very comfortable self launching, etc., but don't want to be a kook. :oops:

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

John Z
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
Dave Z

Re: Where to ride in Madison, WI?

Post by Dave Z »

Email Bob Cook -- Bob at kiteridersllc.com -- He's the local Cab/Slingshot/etc... dealer in Madison.

Here's some links:

http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/where ... ml#MADISON

http://mb.kiteridersllc.com/index.php

For NW Tenney Park on Mendota is probably your best bet.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Mendota baby!!!!!. You'll love her. Beautiful lake, great view of the capital. Enjoy. Have an orange custard chocolate chip ice cream for me at the Memorial Union afterwards. Burgers and beer on the terrace is great post session. Ask your daughter she'll know.

Contact Bob. He'll steer you straight.
Tighe
Chummers

Post by Chummers »

This is a pasted reply from Bryan Brown who lived in Madison for a season or two:

I would tell that dude depends on wind direction. If you wanna kite the biggest and deepest lake. Mendota like Tighe suggests is a great lake. The only launch spot I know of and on Mendota are 2: Governors Nelson State Park or Burrows State Park. I much preferred L Waubesa and McDaniels Park was really nice. Huge grassy rigging area...most of the locals seem to go there. Victor, Bob Cook, and Jens Jens are the go to guys down there for where its at. If you wanna copy/paste this and add it to the blog go ahead. I don't have a Lakawa I'd anymore.