HOOKY MONDAY?!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

reutersju

HOOKY MONDAY?!

Post by reutersju »

I'm planning on heading out tomorrow probably to WBL. It will not be hooky for me as it is my day off but if you would like to join me for a sesh I would love to catch some air with y'all!

Good Chad
seamonkey

Re: HOOKY MONDAY?!

Post by seamonkey »

I was planning to use the Mahtomedi Beach access to get on the lake around 1:00. It is a good spot for WNW. Snow is too wet for good drifts, but we may get lucky overnight.
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
jrjohnson1

Post by jrjohnson1 »

Hey good Chad, I'll be at WBL bright & early. It should be a great day!
slopecat

Post by slopecat »

I will probably join you guys in Mahtomedi around 1-1:30pm.

Mike
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

looks good everywhere. I'm probably going to go back to the island. Enjoy the wind wherever it finds you.
Tighe
Futahaguro

Post by Futahaguro »

The wind here at my desk is quite variable and not very condusive to kiting :(
reutersju

Post by reutersju »

Yeah today was pretty punchy but still nice to get outside...what was not nice was how I started my session...broke the housing on my 10m bar...bummer dude! Switched it out my 14m bar/lines and was able to have some fun. Lesson of the day...buy new kiting gear more frequently!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

sorry to hear about your start to your session. always a bummer to have gear issues when the wind is blowing.

Great day at the island as well. Most of us were on 8s all day. Snow was great, with just a thin layer of glazing on top of 5-6 inches of snow. Started off with near white out conditions, that tapered back to endless untracked white. Great to hang and ride with Chad, Jim and Patty, Rob, Torrispacedog, Scott, and others.

I sleep now.
Tighe