Lake Minnetonka video made it out here to NW

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Paul F

Lake Minnetonka video made it out here to NW

Post by Paul F »

JRN

Re: Lake Minnetonka video made it out here to NW

Post by JRN »

Paul, Did I try calling you from the Gorge last Aug. to buy a board? Some renegade pirate fishermen had snatched my board off the launch by the railroad trestle. I hear now that it is not an uncommon experience, but rare. Former MNsotan, Moondoggy, is keeping an eye out for the Green & white Best Spark 140 they had stolen. It was gouged on the edges from landing on rocks. I will happily buy a tall Surly Furious at Washington Square for you & a friend if you bring it back home. I'm guessing the video is on NWKITE?
WOW!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: That was awesome! We had a group of Freeskaters on WBL, but never attained those speeds. Thanks for finding it. Gotta sharpen my blades.
Last edited by JRN on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Who are those guys? Friggen speed freaks :lol:

Tip: Watch on YouTube in HD - film quality is awesome
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

A family friend from MN who now lives in Seattle posted the video on Facebook. He sailed Minnetonka and Calhoun as a kid. I don't Kite so I have no boards to sell. I did check Crraig's List a few times after the board was stolen.

One reason I posted is because "The Professor" was a familiar LAKAWA name, I thought.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

sweet video. Love the shots with the reflection on the ice and the streaming shadows.

ride on
Tighe
reutersju

Post by reutersju »

Hey guys that ice surfing looks REALLY fun! I have been kiting year round for 3yrs and always wondered what to do when there was no snow on the ice because I am not very keen on the idea of using ice skates. After seeing this video I would really like to try it but I have never used a windsurfer and with speeds approaching 50mph I don't thing teaching myself is the way to go...

Would this be something that would be easy to learn?

How many windsurfing sails do you need?

How much does a set up cost?

Thanks,
Chad
JRN

Post by JRN »

CHAD, U can test drive mine if I'm out. Otherwise, ALOT of windsurfers have freeskates, and the sail rigs, etc, that are no longer in use. I can put you in contact if you want. Leave a mssg on my cell or look for me on WBL.
PAUL F, Saw Portland as your location, so... :?
Went out at Mahto this afternoon. Fun, but scary trying to judge the snow pile depth, especially on the turns. Esacaped unscathed. I did, however, scratch on my pinky while packing up. Not enuf snow depth for Randy to maintain an edge on a snowboard, but a dude on long skis was doing okay, despite a biggish kite.
ALL FERN OW
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
torisspacedog

Post by torisspacedog »

Sweet job on the Video really enjoyed it even had some good tunes. :D