Classic Mille.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Randy

Classic Mille.

Post by Randy »

It's been awhile, but this setup looks classic for Malmo or Hunters. Possbily Izaty's since current models show stronger wind at the south end of the lake. Definitely drytsuit, hoodie, boots weather. Hoping to be up there by noon.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Randy

Re: Classic Mille.

Post by Randy »

Well it stayed west most of the day, so Izaty's didn't work, but Hunters was as nice as could be. West with a little SW puts up a swell that let's you play like you're in a big bathtub. From 1pm on it was pretty much 40-45mph, oftentimes sheeted out on my 3.7M. Hunters is basically sand bottom, shallow just past the harbor break wall. Kiters would need to drift launch or assist in water since a land launch isn't possible. Personally, I prefer playing in Hunter's Bay to some of the other sites where the break down drift is just too far for cold air temps. I suspect Malmo was good all day too. Hoping somebody got a piece of it.

Anyway, next time there's a monster blow and you want the safety of shallow water with big swell, consider Hunters. The launch is at end of a public road, with parking just off that road (not where the land owner has 'no parking' signage'). Past owners have been pretty supportive and we've always patronized the bar. I think the new bar owner's name is George. They've got Blue Moon, Alaskan, and Sam Adams on tap, an amazing change from the last time I was there and a decent menu. It was about as Gorge-us as could be and then some.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Geo

Post by Geo »

Glad you go it!
40-45 would have made for challenging kiting, since I'm sure that it was probably 25-45 much of the time. Those conditions are the only ones in which I miss the pole pole board. Sounds glorious!
JRN

Post by JRN »

Nice grab, RJ. Count on you to brave the elements! Good to hear about the changes at Hunter's. We know the beer selection is of paramount importance, AND another dining option on the East Shore is more than welcome, especially since Carlsona is gone. :cry: Hope to join you for some cold water sessions soon...as soon as I can find where I misplaced my "progenic devices." If anyone finds them, please let me know. :wink:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
MK

Post by MK »

I'll respond once I look up progenic.
JRN

Post by JRN »

I WAS TRYING TO BE "P C" and not say that I had lost my "CAJONES" for the time being anyway. :roll:
WARNING:
Reds

Post by Reds »

FOUND at Wildwood...kite pump, sail bag, and a set of LOST CAJONES...call to reclaim
Patrick
JRN

Post by JRN »

PLEASE RETURN THEM TO PAM, so she can put them back in her purse, where they belong. :wink:
WARNING:
MK

Post by MK »

The low hanging fruit may be around in the warmer days next week..