Support Your Sport!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

bmr

Support Your Sport!

Post by bmr »

It's been awhile...but...

Just wanted the MN wind community to know that three locals are in the running to be cast in an indie film about adventure sports in MN. I think it's a great opportunity to showcase kiteboarding (and the boarder), to a LARGE audience. Now is the time folks...let's get one of us out in the spotlight to represent kiteboarding in MN!

Myself excluded, I fully endorse:

* Vicki Hanson - though we never met (I did however meet your husband when he debuted the SwitchBlade), your story and achievements are awesome! BIG ups to you!

*Nathan Borer -dude man, it been a long while! Your enthusiasm and out-of-the-box approach to the progression of the sport is admirable...a true boardman!

Cast your vote for whomever, just make your voice known!

General page: http://www.amongthewild.com/nominees/

Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AdventureMinnesotaFilms

Best Regards and Good Winds,

bmr aka "Skip" (preferred)

P.S. Eric Spotke, if you are reading this: Get your arse back out kiting! :!:
Have kite, will travel.
Eric S

Re: Support Your Sport!

Post by Eric S »

Working on it Brad!

I hope to get out every morning this week on Calhoun for a 30 min paddle. If I smell some south wind, I'll bring along a sail. That would be wicked cool on that big ass board.

I'm gonna hold off kiting till the winter. I don't want to shame all you guys with the moves I'm pulling off in my head ;-)

-eric
bmr

Re: Support Your Sport!

Post by bmr »

Sounds like a plan! Great to hear you are returning from your hiatus! I was still flying 2-line Wipikas last I saw ya (on Buffalo?).

Anyway, give a shout out on the forum this winter...I'm sure it'll draw a crowd and be like the good ol' days...except with a few more gray hairs! 8)

Kite on!

~b
Have kite, will travel.