New Kite Rider in Brainerd--Good Time so far with B-6 Slings

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

shinglepro

New Kite Rider in Brainerd--Good Time so far with B-6 Slings

Post by shinglepro »

Hello Fellow Kiters,

I would just like to say hello to all of my new kite friends. I bought my first kite 2 months ago. i got a B-6 Slingshot. I have already had some good times on my skis rippin around Gull Lake and North Long. I have a harder time on my board cause I can't keep that momentum like on skis. I know this is going to be an awesome winter tho. Anyone with some advice for the new guy...shoot. I have been reading other posts on this board about some insane kites like a Psycho 16 and 9 and such... Now you got me thinking that I might want one of them. Where do I get them, How much do they run??? etc... I can tell alreedy that my window for my B-6 is rather limited. Need at least 10-15mph then 20 mph probably too much. I need more options brother. I have alot of spare time in the winter. I am a roofer. winter is slow for work, but not play!!!!!!!!! 8)

I book marked this message board and am sure I will return often.

Anyone coming to Brainerd Area and want to do some schoolin' (not literally) I think I can keep up with you. Well I can at least keep up. Give me a holler!! We will rip. I got a lakes in every direction!! :wink:

Your New Brainerd Member :!: :!:

Jason
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey Jason,

Welcome to kite addiction. Do you guys have any snow up there? We icesailed on North Long Lake about a year ago with Lars. Jerry and I might have some time next week to come up. We can show you what we have learned.

later,
shinglepro

Post by shinglepro »

Yea,

That would be cool. I met Jerry the other day on North Long Lake. He seen us kiting and stopped by and I was going to catch up with him the next day and I didn't make it. But I know I will run into him again. Either here or on the lake.

Jerry if you see this, its me Jason from North Long Lake a few days ago.

Drop me a line...Lets go for a ride someday

Later
shinglepro

Post by shinglepro »

shinglepro wrote:Yea,

That would be cool. I met Jerry the other day on North Long Lake. He seen us kiting and stopped by and I was going to catch up with him the next day and I didn't make it. But I know I will run into him again. Either here or on the lake.

Jerry if you see this, its me Jason from North Long Lake a few days ago.

Drop me a line...Lets go for a ride someday

Later
P.S. There ain't squat for snow yet!!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Welcome Jason. If our ground stays as brown as it has been you may have quite a crowd coming your way if you get snow.

If you're interested in the Psychos give Larry a call at a Scuba Center. 612.925.4818. He can hook you up. If you're coming down here, shoot me a line and I can arrange for you to demo one. They have incredible range.

The limited range you are seeing on the B-6 is probably due to the conditions. Once we have some snow you should find that you can get a bigger window out of it. The Psychos are very unique with there 15-20mph range per size. To get that range though you do need to be fairly experienced.

One thing I can tell you though is on Saturday, I tried putting up my B6 before the 9.5 Psycho. I couldn't even keep it in the air. The 9.5 was way powered. I'd still consider a 12 or a 15 if you are looking for a light wind kite though.

We will be organizing some local "kite rides" this winter. Just choosing a lake for anyone who wants to ride with others, to hook up. We'll post them here and in Events.

later
tighe
Tighe