MN Kite Alert - stats from this windy weekend

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Denis

MN Kite Alert - stats from this windy weekend

Post by Denis »

Looks like the system performed pretty well this weekend, with folks reporting from multiple spots. It's very helpful for those who are trying to decide where to go. Here are some stats.

Visits - Total 117.
Friday: 10 visits
Saturday: 50 visits
Sunday: 53 visits

Mobile: 54% of traffic, meaning that a lot of folks check it before heading out, or maybe just lament from the office.
Transcription: 0% haha! That was expected with how badly it performed. I'll post something here if it improves.

The next feature is to send those alerts over a text message to those that signed up for it. You will have the option to pause it, stop it, or start it again at any time by replying to the texts. That way it doesn't eat up your texts if you don't want to.

Let me know if there are any feature requests.
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding
davepark

Re: MN Kite Alert - stats from this windy weekend

Post by davepark »

For those of you like me that forgot to set this up based on the original post, here is the link to the phone (text), e-mail, and web address. http://www.lakawa.com/lakawa-chat-f1/be ... 14519.html