Lakawa thanks....

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

steveb

Lakawa thanks....

Post by steveb »

Just wanted to drop a quick note to thank those who came out last Friday. Keith, Jenn, Randy , Jane, Judd , Dianne , Mike, Meri, Boomer, Cari, Jeanette it was lovely to see you all.
This was our last gig before Nancy starts her chemo so it was very special for her to see everyone . Unfortunately with gigs we don't get a lot of time to sit and socialize but the time we did get was truly precious. Seeing everyone on the dance floor gave me flash backs of the MANY crazy times we've had together in the past , this community has been such a huge part of our lives for so long.
For those of you who didn't make it you really missed somthing, our band has a very good sax and trumpet player, a retired music teacher, called Jim. Randy got on stage with us and met Jim for the first time. They shook hands and said hi then the music started. You'd have sworn these two came from the same womb. They played brass section fills in perfect harmony with one another, then individual leads and back to working together as a team. The sound was amazing and everyone else on the stage and in the audience really absorbed the energy coming from these two remarkable musicians. It was 30 minutes of pure delight. Somthing I'll cherish and smile about for years to come.
Luck , health and our love to everyone.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Randy

Re: Lakawa thanks....

Post by Randy »

Thanks for the positive, Steve. The honor was mine and everyone who got to experience that special night. You guys were on fire. Please know we're all in this boat together, sending our support through this challenging experience. I know your week will be full, but we'd be delighted to return the opportunity to participate to any 50/50 member this Thursday when RIDE plays Washington Square. We'll definitely be brewing up some healing energy.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
JRN

Post by JRN »

I've heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone who attended. Wish we could have all been there in person , if not in spirit. We'll all be thinking of her in the days to come.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
djmadmike

Post by djmadmike »

Jodie and I were not able to make it, but sending both of you warm wishes and many prayers.

As stated above, everyone here supports both of you all the time!

Mike N
Mike T. Nelson MS
PhD(c) Exercise Physiology U of MN
http://www.MikeTNelson.com
Athletic Performance and Physique Transformation
RobH

Post by RobH »

Ditto to what Mike said! Would have enjoyed the night with music and good friends, I didnt realize until reading your post the reason behind Nancy's last night in 50/50 for the time being. Hope all goes well, prayers and thoughts be with you both.
Hopefully see you soon,
Rob
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
steveb

Post by steveb »

Hey everyone , thanks for your notes of support.
It dawned on me some of you may not know what's going, a month ago we found out Nancy has ovarian cancer. She had all her girly bits removed and is recovering from the surgery nicely, we've even managed some short bike rides.
This Friday she has another surgery where they will install 2 ports into her for directing her chemo intraveniously and directly into her abdomen. Chemo starts next Tuesday. It's a very aggresive chemo method , Nancy could have chosen a less abusive treatment but is taking this on with her usual strength and determination and while being warned this method will not be pleasant, it has superb results, so she's going for it.
Chemo will last all summer, should be done some time mid sept.
We hope to get out to the beaches depending on how she feels. Hope to see you when the wind blows.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Been in my thoughts a lot lately. Sorry to have missed the show last week. I know Nancy has the strength to weather this storm. We will see you in the wind.
Tighe