Wow

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Wow

Post by Tighe »

Last weekend my kite and a very old, dead actually, kodger of a tree up on Mille got into a bit of a wrestle with eachother. The old kodger won and ate my kite for lunch. It was quite sad. Thanks everyone for their help getting it down. BTW I think John and Pete have a bit of missing link in them.

Any who...I took my kite into Sail LaVie in White Bear and it came back today looking like a kite again. She used near match fabric, matched the threads to the tape to minimize frankenstein references, and overall did what appears to be a top notch job. I repaired the bladder and have it pumped up in the garage and will see if it holds air overnight.

I'd recommend Bridgid at Sail LaVie to anyone looking for repairs.
Tighe
Kiter John

Re: Wow

Post by Kiter John »

I can second the reco for Sail LaVie. I've never had a kite repaired there, but they're really capable and will work with you on anything.
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

Wonderful! Nice to have a local. It's never fun to send in and wait.
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:DI can throw in a vote there too. Had a kite turned around in 3 days and 2 of them were shipping from Litch to Whitebear. I was more than pleased with the
service.
Peter
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

I got some very nice work done there as well. However ! I would caution anyone getting their kite fixed to remove the bladders near the damaged area,. Otherwise your struts might not pump up very well after the repair.

Happy sailing everyone. I barely make it out myself any more, but adulthood calls sometimes.

Dave
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
Geo

Post by Geo »

Ditto- she does nice work. Just ask randy- I borrowed his kite, and sure enough, it split open when I was using it. Makes great bags out of sailcloth, too.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Flew the kite last weekend. Couldn't tell from new. Great price, incredible turn around time, and beautiful work. What a great resource to have locally.
Tighe