Waterproof headphones

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Chummers

Waterproof headphones

Post by Chummers »

Does anyone have any advice on particular models of waterproof headphones? In SPI a kiter recommended the brand H2O Audio to me. They have several different models and just wondering if anyone has any input as to the differences.
Chummers

Re: Waterproof headphones

Post by Chummers »

I went with H2O Audio headhpones and case and both seem to work well, with the one exception being that the case is kind of hard and difficult to manipulate the sliding power button on my Sandisk Sansa mp3/radio.
Erik Stone

Post by Erik Stone »

The best setup that I have found for waterproof listening, is H2O headphones (they have several models) and a Swimman iPod (SwimPod), which is an Apple iPod Shuffle that has been internally waterproofed.
I have the H2O Surge Sportwrap 2G headphones. With a little silicone tape, I just affix my swim pod to the headphones themselves, in the back. Works great, and no cord in the way.
MK

Post by MK »

My neighbor is a runner and does this through sleet snow and rain. He has used several models of headphones and recommended the H2O also. He said "it's what Michael Phelps endorses" which tipped me over to the buying side. I used the recommended arm band and headphones for several weeks in SPI and am pleased with it. I am not used to riding with music so this was new to me; I enjoyed it.

Caviot - They come with several earbud sizes (I think 5). Make sure to find what works best for you with some trial runs. I noticed after weaing them for 3 days in a row my ears became a little sore, I'm not used to have anything occupy that space. However the buds themselves are very soft, I think it was more of me not being accustomed to something sticking in my ear, over doing it with wearing them several hours in a row each day. SPI is unique in that we get to ride day-in/out. Back home here won't be a problem for me riding all day everyday.

The waterproof arm band was snug and worked really well with my phone. A friend of mine also ended up buying this for his phone to learn his was too big for the arm band case. The tactile surface sliding feature of my phone wasn't interrupted. The earbuds don't have a microphone so I didn't test the ability to take a call while riding although my phone did ring.

The velcroe arm band fit comfortably around my massive bicep :lol: Although on one yard sale attempt I did a rotation at take-off that peeled the velcroe away and recall fumbling to manage my dangling phone. I resolved this by moving the arm band a little higher and uder the sleeve of my rash gaurd.

With nothing to reference I have to say I'm pleased with this. I've had a good experience with the H2O brand.