Tuesday Afternoon

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

fabrino

Tuesday Afternoon

Post by fabrino »

Hi all

Tomorrow might be the first (and only ?) fluffy-windy day of the season in the tc..
where's everybody going?
Calhoun? Med?

Hope to see you out there!
f.
MK

Re: Tuesday Afternoon

Post by MK »

I'll be at Medicine Lake in lessons for a while then kiting until I haven't an ounce of energy left.
jrjohnson1

Post by jrjohnson1 »

I'll also be kiting until I have nothing left at Mahtomedi. If you find me lying dead in the snow with a permanent grin on my face... it's the way I wanted to go.
:wink:
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Anyone riding waconia this afternoon?
stevenP

Post by stevenP »

just arrived at robinsons bay beach on lake Minnetonka. looks great a few inches of untracked snow. It is amazing. Great for a board. Miles of untracked.
Last edited by stevenP on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabrino

Post by fabrino »

I will hit Calhoun at around 4.00...
I am sooo looking forward to it!!!
davepark

Post by davepark »

Sunday and Monday were great on Tonka. We launched the kites and then hooked up the sleds and drug all our stuff out to kite island for fun on the big lake. Needed to look out for ice heaves and the occasional fishing hole but for the most part it was very smooth. Hit my personal best high speed of 40.2mph yesterday. Unfortunately my season is over as I will be going in for shoulder surgery on Thursday. Hopefully be back in a few months for the open water.
MK

Post by MK »

since i am very much weakened from the day i will update briefly and without punctuation respect

today was good. life is good. luv kiting. cant wait to go again.

good night
Tim Dunklee

Post by Tim Dunklee »

I'm with Mike, today was really good. It was a nice little crew at Calhoun that showed up. Sorry, I didn't say hi to many people, I was too busy getting in my first snow kite session of the season!!! The snow surface was really good and there was enough wind to be plenty powered on my little 7m Envy. Mike said it well, life is good.