Sweede is Sweeeeet

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

Sweede is Sweeeeet

Post by BSMITH »

Swede has 1 to 2" of perfectly bonded snow on at least 95% of it's surface. The ice is 4" shore to shore. I got a few runs in before the wind died tonight. YAY! Tomorrow will be good.
JERRY

Re: Sweede is Sweeeeet

Post by JERRY »

Jeff G & I are heading to Sweeeede :)
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
tom_latcham

Post by tom_latcham »

I stopped by sweede after work on Friday and saw Brian preparing to pump up his machine. I can confirm he is correct about conditions. I am gathering my winter gear and heading to sweede myself. Snow kite season has arrived.

TL
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

This could be an informal gathering for the start of winter funhog season. bonfire + full moon rising to finish off. Someone bring a grill. :)
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
magicninja

Post by magicninja »

Can't make it out there today, but gonna head over early Sunday morning for a sesh. Post how it was today boys. Hope to see some peeps tomorrow. G
johnz

Post by johnz »

It was awesome. Smooth, perfectly bonded snow. Really nice wind.

Best first day of Winter ever!!
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

Made it to Swede today at the advise of fellow posters. I must say it was fun. Some bare spots where you had to stop edging but most of the lake had about an inch or two of bonded snow which was quite fast. At least 10 kites in the sky.

Someone got a kite in a tree, hopefully rider and kite are ok, looks like you got it down. Tomorrow showing mid teens as well so should be great. :D

JL
TB0NE

Post by TB0NE »

Sounds like tomorrow on Swede may be my first snowkiting experience, as I have previously only kiteboarded on the water. Any words of wisdom? What time are folks heading out? It looks like it may be getting a bit warm later in the afternoon tomorrow...
pete168

Post by pete168 »

Just a few shots from today of Mike B, doing the sunset run. (hope these load up)

Pete
Attachments
s_IMG_8286.JPG
s_IMG_8286.JPG (168.77 KiB) Viewed 5527 times
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming. WOW! What a ride!!
pete168

Post by pete168 »

two more
Attachments
s_IMG_8260.JPG
s_IMG_8260.JPG (129.24 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
s_IMG_8267.JPG
s_IMG_8267.JPG (162.23 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up,totally worn out and loudly proclaiming. WOW! What a ride!!
wilderclimberdude

Post by wilderclimberdude »

Conditions look great! Too bad I am stuck at home this weekend :(

Dan