Help me sell out.

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JBailey

Help me sell out.

Post by JBailey »

So the President of my company walks in today.

"Hey Jon, don't you like to do that waterboarding...er, the kitejumpin'...you know, with the thingamasurfer?"
Yep.
"Well, howdja like a new kite?? A nice BIG one with our logo on it...that you can fly all over Lake Minnetonka?!?"

I told him that, while a radio station would make an odd sponsor for a (mediocre) kiteboarder, my hobby is definitely not above being sold to the highest bidder. So...in the interest of nabbing me some new gear on the company dime...Does anyone know how the heck I'm supposed to plaster our logo on a kite and keep it seaworthy?? Has anyone else stooped so low?? :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Jon
Tighe

Re: Help me sell out.

Post by Tighe »

Easiest way is to lay the kite across something flat. Project the logo onto the kite and trace the logo. Then fill in with a monster Sharpy or metallic marker. Multi colored logos might not work well. You could also make a big stencil and spray it on. Large vinyl stickers probably won't hold up to the cold folding.

Good luck
Tighe
SteveJ

Post by SteveJ »

Windsurfing sails work so much better. I would be happy to sail arround a new rig for the radio station :)
Steve
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

This is kind of like those google puzzles. I googled and got:

davepark

Post by davepark »

Tell your boss you need money for a support staff and a nice big pontoon to launch from. I’ll drive the pontoon…….. :D
JBailey

Post by JBailey »

Ahh, good call, Tighe - I'm pretty sure we've got a logo stencil sitting around somewhere. I was worried he'd want to send it to Fastsigns or wherever it is we get our vehicles wrapped. At least now I've got some alternatives.

I guess it came up because they're putting 96.3 NOW on a big ice house on Mtka all Winter, and one of our sales reps said, "why don't you just buy Jon Bailey a new kite." Needless to say, I owe that guy lots of beer. Now to negotiate it into a Team sponsorship... :twisted:
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Jon, ozone offers the option to have logos printed on your new kites... give me a call nine52-eight07-3306, or send me an email Stroh@superiorkiteboarding.com if your interested.
Jon Stroh
reutersju

Post by reutersju »

XL Kites out of Houston does this, you could give them a call for pricing. 281-508-6485, ask for Phil and tell him Chad told you to call, he will give you a fair price on the kite and logo.
MK

Post by MK »

Cool option., if we could all have this option:)

I have a nice professional local representation if you wish to consider.

Mike
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

That is awesome! Score. Did you tell your boss about needing a few kites for different wind conditions? haha :lol:
Netdewt

Post by Netdewt »

Sounds like a great deal.
"Hey Jon, don't you like to do that waterboarding...er, the kitejumpin'...you know, with the thingamasurfer?"
My mom has been making up all kinds of names. I believe two of them were "planksurfing" and "boardkiting".