Impromptu Waconia kite swarm Sunday?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

MK

Impromptu Waconia kite swarm Sunday?

Post by MK »

Forecast suggests perty ne'er perfect winds for my style. Can someone arrainge a pig roast and hot tub?
Tighe

Re: Impromptu Waconia kite swarm Sunday?

Post by Tighe »

Looking forward to it.
Tighe
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

I'll be there. Had a good day today. Tomorrow looking even better.

JL
tom_latcham

Post by tom_latcham »

Wild weasels could not keep me away. Had family obligations today. But I will be kiting tommorow.
TL
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

Terry and Tim Dunklee are planning on coming over to our neck of the woods. Looks like a glorious day ahead (for mid October).
Eric
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

wow..
What a day. My body is sore. Waconia provided an assortment of conditions today. Clean waves downwind as they hit and jacked up at the sandbar, big starboard swell a few hundred yards more upwind and even big port ramps out halfway to the island. 10m was the call all day, though foolishly I tried my 12 early on and at the end of the day and was royally spanked.

Great turnout, lots of smiling faces.

sleep now
Tighe
fabrino

Post by fabrino »

Great day indeed.. post a phone-pic that gives an idea of the great turnout!
wac.jpg
wac.jpg (137.44 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
I first went in at around 4.. wind was good for my 10 and had few fun runs but couldn't stay upwind much and got overpowered on some gusts..
at the end I was 100 yards south of the boat-launch and decided to self land.. as I was walking back with kite in my hands and loose lines and I brilliantly tangled all my lines on the dock.. :oops:

took me about 1hr to untangle everything and then since I saw instructors around (Mike & Chad) I thought I'd ask to see if I could spend my last hour on the lake with some help.. went out with Chad.. it was great fun.. went out with the jetski and I was finally able to ride for a while without worrying about staying upwind, hitting the shore or losing the board.. also lots of useful pointers...progress has been made although still long way to go..
who knows maybe one day I'll be able to ride like the rest.. :D
Kosk

Post by Kosk »

Took some pictures after my kite session before I headed home:

Good Times.

Wish I could post 'em at least 1000px wide, but unfortunately the gallery feature resizes them quite a bit. It'll do though...
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

beautiful shots thanks
Tighe
smrsco

Post by smrsco »

Nice shots Kosk, great view from atop the bluff!

Sunday at the Wac was definitely one of the best days of this season. Everyone was having such a good time!
Erick

Post by Erick »

Kosk, Great photos, I would like a couple that you shared in better resolution. Could you contact me? Thanks, Erick
erickries ( at ) gmail ( dot ) com