Is the Bic Techno 152lt. (283cm) good for 175 lb. beginner?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

airenodak

Is the Bic Techno 152lt. (283cm) good for 175 lb. beginner?

Post by airenodak »

Like the topic says: Will the Bic Techno 283 length board, 152 liters, be a decent starter board for 170 lbs beginner and to continue learning? A somewhat sharper learning curve is acceptable.

No water starting skills, so must uphaul the sail while standing up on the board and not sink.
JRN

Re: Is the Bic Techno 152lt. (283cm) good for 175 lb. beginn

Post by JRN »

I HAD ONE & LOVED IT! One of those classic designs that comes along rarely, but gains in poularity once people figure that out.
I'm 205# and could uphaul & sail an 8.5m on it, down to a 5.5 comfortably. I think it is wide enough for a beginner to learn, but you won't out-grow it once you advance.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
windthrash

Re: Is the Bic Techno 152lt. (283cm) good for 175 lb. beginn

Post by windthrash »

I have a generation 2 Bic Techno 283, blue with yellow pads, that is in good condition I am willing to part with if you are interested. The board is back home in Blaine. The boards are great. I learned on this one and have sailed up to a 10.8 on it just fine all the way down to a 5.0. It is fast and turns well.
Feel free to give me a call at 763 221 0877. I am in the Navy but should be reachable any time between 6 am and 10 pm.
Nate Anderson
Agana, Guam