Turbo Psycho

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Turbo Psycho

Post by Tighe »

Went out to Tonka today to join Alex and company. There was barely a breeze. Facing the wind was only slightly cooler than facing away. no tree movement, extremely quite(2-6mph max)

I took the 9.5 Psycho out. What an amazing kite. First of all it amazing that it even flew in such little wind. Alex was on the 15m Psycho, Matt and Joe were on 16m tube kites, everyone was powered..in 2-6mph! The reason is because on skates you can get moving so quickly that you create apparent wind past the foil that far exceeds the true wind. I had some runs that were Mach 5, with the Psycho just building more and more power the faster it went. Just like a Turbo.

The Psycho was super stable and the depower worked just like a tube kite, with one exception. The chicken loop throw had much more of a depowering effect. very nice.

I tried to grab the 9.5 off Alex for awhile, though he was pretty reluctant. I think he likes them.

The ice was pretty crappy though it was great to get back out.
Tighe
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Jeff G, Jerry S and I were out at school section lake today. I think there was more wind out there, like 10-15. I got the 9.5 Psycho going on skates. I had some speed runs too. I actually never got going as fast as possible cause it was just too insane.

It was cool to sheet in and go even deeper off the wind. It's amazing how much control you have placing the kite anywhere in the window with edging, sheeting and speed.

I tried a few small jumps and can feel the potential. The psycho is alot easier to fly when you are moving rather than standing in one place.

I'm putting a small video of us 3 enjoying the day.