Tuesday might be a good day to skip work

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

RobH

Tuesday might be a good day to skip work

Post by RobH »

Warm and windy tomorrow - anyone going out to play ? Hoping to drive up to Reddy
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
Kevinousdigian

Re: Tuesday might be a good day to skip work

Post by Kevinousdigian »

I'm guessing Wednesday would be more reliable from ML if you looking for winds in the 15-25 range because the temps and dewpoints are dropping >10 degrees and then more Nish wind on Thursday with even cooler dewpoints and wind so there must be a double dose of cold air coming in. I'm guessing that with the hot sun and warmth tomorrow there will be a cold bubble over the lake until late in the day tomorrow. Also winds will start eastish up there but eventually go SE which is a better direction for avoiding the bubble. Water temps are still only 65 up there and with air temps of 90 that's not a great recipe for stronger (>15 mph) wind but I'm sure it will blow steady.

I'm guessing swimmer's itch is due to arrive any day now at White Bear Lake - usually about the second week in June. Jim Normann - aren't you usually one of the first ones to discover those friendly parasites?

Looks like there could be a big high pressure sitting NE of duluth in Canada on Saturday. That could mean nice sunny moderate NE winds Sat morning in duluth.
KO
Kevin Ousdigian
nickfastswim

Post by nickfastswim »

Have fun at Reddy! :D As always, I am going to play at WBL. Hoping the water finally warmed up after these last few days of glorious sun and warmth.
-Nick
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Fun times at Reddy :!: I'll be there :)
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Timwalker

Post by Timwalker »

I will try the Wac Tuesday.. looks good on the maps for down here! :)
reutersju

Post by reutersju »

What time ate you guys headed up to Reddy? Is it pretty easy to get to, i have not had the pleasure of riding there yet. Looks like the wind will be up early!

Chad
Geo

Post by Geo »

Kevin -

I am gonna say that their mind is made up already. Don't they know that the weathermen call you to find out what it is gonna do at Milly?
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I'm thinking seriously about going to Waconia after work tomorrow afternoon. The forecast I just read from Weather Underground said that it could get gusty tomorrow evening, though, so I'd recommend being careful.

Plus, it was so stinking hot out today that even if I don't actually bring the kite out, I'd just like to get into the water to cool off. I think it was about 95 when I was skating around the lakes this afternoon.
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
RobH

Post by RobH »

Tuesday was a great day to go play, Kevin wins for calling the game at Reddy. We waited for the wind into mid afternoon. Just as it had done on the beach clean up day it was very light at beach level, but once the kite hit top shelf there was power to be had. I dont know if this is the bubble, thermals or what. I do know it was just fun boosting with nice hang time. 3 of us stayed on our 16m kites all day and never felt over powered, rewarded with floaty jumps. Larry was out on his 11m and was rewarded with the same rides we were getting on our 16m. It was just odd, as we could barely launch our kites, yet the sky hook was there for big jumps when sending the kites. Great day overall as it was super steady all day.
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
Barry P

Post by Barry P »

We had a great day at Waco. I was on the water by 4. Mostly 7 & 9 meter kites by then. It was cooking.

I had an incredibility fun time on a 7M and my 5-5 surfboard.
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

That lake has such a huge effect on those hot sunny days. Waconia was rocking from around 2:00 on, with some of the biggest wind I have ever felt. Some of the gusts had to top over 45 MPH. It was crazy. Steady would have been nice, but I wouldn't trade a 7 meter day for anything. Great riding with all the usual suspects, with a good contingent of Poleboarders as well. Lets do it again some time (soon).
Eric
Dean Rizer

Post by Dean Rizer »

2nd that Eric! I Saw smoke on the water, I have't seen that in a long time. :D
Rick R

Post by Rick R »

Lake Washington was nice, I was stuck in St Cloud watching my temp gauge read 102 degrees, finally rolled up to wash 6ish? still full on cranking, came down a little as I was gearing up and had a nice hour plus session on a 9 meter. the whole lake to myself ( other than a couple pelicans flying around)