Isla Blanca Kiteboarding in Mexico

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

djmadmike

Isla Blanca Kiteboarding in Mexico

Post by djmadmike »

Recently Jodie and I went on a trip with a bunch of kiteboarding nuts from the Seattle area to Cancun/Playa Del Carmen area.

The wind was too light a couple days during the week, but we got in a few days of riding.

The last day at Isla Blanca was crazy! Cranking wind and super shallow water = amazing!!!

I also had a run in with the Policia that day too----not so fun.

Vids and story here (along with tips to lose weight on vacation too)
http://extremehumanperformance.com/blog ... s-nuggets/

Rock on
Mike N
Mike T. Nelson MS
PhD(c) Exercise Physiology U of MN
http://www.MikeTNelson.com
Athletic Performance and Physique Transformation
MAXIMILIANO

Re: Isla Blanca Kiteboarding in Mexico

Post by MAXIMILIANO »

Mike, glad you guys had fun! Mexico is always awesome...

Very cool videos!

Every year it's nice to see more local riders chosing those clear and warm waters for vacationing.

My family and I will be in that area next week. We can't wait.
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

:D Viva Isla Blanca! Kited there 3 yrs ago and what a treat! Was not comfortable renting wheels so I used the taxi service. Had a hard time convincing the cabby to take me all the way due to road conditions and then I couldn't get anyone to come back and pick me up, but I landed a couple days of rides with some local instructors and had a great time. Car rental on Cozumel last year was more user friendly but the roads are about the same. Will be heading back to Cancun in Nov so Isla Blanca will be on the list.
Great Vids.
Peter
pepe

Post by pepe »

Isla Blanca is a very cool place.
The shallows and the constant wind are unbelievable.
Will try to get there this year too.
djmadmike

Post by djmadmike »

Good stuff everyone!

Yes, car rental and driving in Mexico is not at the top of my list, but the things we do just to go ride! It was all worth it though and I guess paying the cops off with $40 is not the worst thing ever.

Report back and let us know how the Mexico rides go! If you have time and are in the Cancun area, we took a 2 day trip to the ruins and the city of Merida towards the West. We stayed just outside of there at an awesome Hacienda for cheap. Complete with a pool! If you need the info on the place, let me know

Rock on
Mike N
Mike T. Nelson MS
PhD(c) Exercise Physiology U of MN
http://www.MikeTNelson.com
Athletic Performance and Physique Transformation