Friday 4/1 and Saturday 4/2

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

tjd

Friday 4/1 and Saturday 4/2

Post by tjd »

Anybody thinking about riding around the Twin Cities?
I've been out of town for work and haven't been able to check out the ice thickness and surface conditions lately. Where are you guys going?

Trevor
Cory M

Re: Friday 4/1 and Saturday 4/2

Post by Cory M »

I am keeping an eye on the wind forecast and may take a drive to Waconia to view conditions today or tomorrow. I won't be able to ride Fri but maybe Sat or Sun.

If I read the 10 day MRF correct, it appears the isobars are closer/wind stronger for Sunday. Sunday is actually Monday on the graphic due to timescale. Thinking about Mille Lacs for Sunday as the webcams look pretty good!
cericson01

Post by cericson01 »

Was out on Medicine lake today checking it out, it is slushy snow on top of 24+ inches of ice, hoping to get out tomorrow early afternoon. I am pretty new at kiting so plan on going out earlier in the day before the winds start howling later in the afternoon. Hope to see others out tomorrow!

Chris
tjd

Post by tjd »

where do you launch at medicine? never been there but would love to try it.
trevor
cericson01

Post by cericson01 »

There is a beach on the east side of the lake off of Hwy 169 and about 1/2 mile south of the Med Lk Rd exit. It is about 100 yards north of the 16th ave/plymouth rd exit on west side frontage rd.