Kite island

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

stefen.L

Kite island

Post by stefen.L »

Can you drive out to kite island from wayzeta bay?
Thanks
EOPPEN

Re: Kite island

Post by EOPPEN »

I kited today from over by sailors world. I have been parking off the lake and walking on with my kites. Seems to work pretty good with the southeast wind today. I was able to fly on one tack all the way from Sailors world to Robisons bay. I didn't see any kites out today besides mine......I was powered up nice on the 14 sending it with some lofty jumps....Super fluffly untouched snow across Lake Minnetonka right now. The melt earlier really flattened out the ruts and rodes and the new snow has left some good drifts. There are only a handful of ice houses left. I saw a chevy trail blazer make it out to kite island to fish.....he seemed to be making it but the snow was super deep. My buick would never stand a chance!
Was the best snow conditions I have ridin in all winter.
Just signed up for the crossing....THinking windy thoughts for this year!
I am going to try tomorrow if the wind is working.
Happy rides
iDoLSurf Shaper/Rider
jrjohnson1

Post by jrjohnson1 »

stefen.L poses a good question: Does anybody know if it is safe to drive on the lake access point in Wayzata Bay?

Hoping to avoid any hidden surprises when driving out to Kite Island Wednesday, last week the access point was looking real sketchy.
stefen.L

Post by stefen.L »

No road plowed out to kite island, from wayzeta bay
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

I have 4 wheel drive. I might try it if others are out there. But I think I will go to Sailors World now and try to get a session.
Sun is out and blowing 15-25 SSE. ETA about noon today. Anyone else able to play today. I worked on Sunday and Monday...
stevenP

Post by stevenP »

I am going to head out to Sailor's world now... See you there.
sPk
johnz

Post by johnz »

I was kiting on Wayzata bay last night. I think I saw two 4 wheel drive trucks on the (unplowed) path out to kite island.

I'm too much of a chicken to drive out on the lake at this point. :oops: :oops:

Nice smooth rides, though!!!
John Z
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider