Wed Wind

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

peterrib

Wed Wind

Post by peterrib »

Gusty enough to make me stand on shore and wonder if it would be any fun or just the challenge. After watching Jerry and Rob do battle I finally jumped in. All 7ms. The last time I stood on that dock wondering if I should or not I got this reading on my meter. Hope you can read it. I took the picture in my Jeep after I decided to go home. Steady 40+ with gusts to 52.
Attachments
IMG_0296-2.JPG
IMG_0296-2.JPG (12.14 KiB) Viewed 1815 times
anne of willmar

Re: Wed Wind

Post by anne of willmar »

what does the print on your meter say???i sailed green lake on a 4.2 and 70 liter glass board and was consistently overpowered to the point i went upwind all day and floated downwind at the end...even then it was waaay tooo much...happy to be back at my launch without having to walk the road. i fi
gured it gusted over 45 at times....
peterrib

Re: Wed Wind

Post by peterrib »

The meter reads 52.9. That was 2 years ago when I went home. It is still the highest wind read for me and just haven't reset it. This Wed we were getting gusts to 42 @ 4 pm. We all rode. Heading to Washington now.
Peter