Mother Super-ior

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

cdelp

Mother Super-ior

Post by cdelp »

Looks like a good couple of days ahead, lads.
Superior will be toasting us with a bit of mad spray by Thursday. Wednesday it will start with a playful small craft advisory in the afternoon, exploding to gale force by thursday. Waves 7-9 feet, and water temps that will make us all want to check to see if heating pads will fit in our underwear. The Gales of November come early. Check those drysuit seals...

Just a reminder for those who want to check out the current water temps:

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glc ... pe=N&hr=00
Geo

Re: Mother Super-ior

Post by Geo »

Wed. would be more sane, for sure. You don't need the monster winds to have great terrain and actually get to surf the waves.

I am out of town all day Wed, but not that town, unfortunately. have fun!
Geo

Post by Geo »

..and 45-55º water. balmy!
Pete

Post by Pete »

Hoping to make the journey up after work. Departing at 6AM.
Randy

Post by Randy »

Judd and I should be there mid-morning. Probably launching from Tott Lot.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Pete

Post by Pete »

Unfortunately I did not get any shots from my trip to the deeper outside.

Lake Pepin today!
Chip

Post by Chip »

Sailed till dark. Message short from my phone cus this finger is the only part of that's not sore..
Randy

Post by Randy »

You know it was a good day when you feel like you played a football game the day before. Sore body everywhere with monster smile on the face, huge mounds of beautifully shaped moving water everywhere, getting rolled and rolled. Joy from Chris smiling through those conditions from two hours before we got there to on the water when we left, from Pete entering the zone of the conditions with style, from Phil who made the choice to meet the conditions when the mind was filled with reasons to not, to Judd's outrageous style in mazzive conditions. (Judd's pump broke when we got there. You can imagine the look of his face when he realized I didn't have a spare. Thanks to Ryan for coming to the rescue.)

Jenn, it was considerably bigger than Labor Day and what I would have given for your eye and camera capturing the mountains on the outside. Somehow, when you're looking at a rider work the wave from the lakeside vantage, rather than shore out, it just looks insane. Someday we need to figure that out. Pete, thanks for the great shots. Looking for any Port Wing/Herbster reports tonight. Will probably hit Milly today. What a great entry to Fall 2010!!
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Wow Pete, that is a sweet looking launching ramp! You're right Randy, we need some "reality footage" from the breast of the mother!