Racing at the Gathering?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Stroh

Racing at the Gathering?

Post by Stroh »

Just wondering how much interest there is in doing some course racing sometime during the gathering?

I’m still a little foggy on whether there will be a crossing this season. I have been talking to Mike Fox and it sounds like there’s not been enough support from the kiters to keep it going.

Jon
Jon Stroh
Tighe

Re: Racing at the Gathering?

Post by Tighe »

Depending upon when it comes together, I might be interested in some racing. What about KiterCross racing?
Tighe
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

I would definitely be up for racing! Maybe we can set up a little bracket. Post on here if you interested in some semi-informal racing.
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Woo Hoo!!!!! Race!!! I'm in!
Denis

Post by Denis »

Hey, that sounds like fun! Raleys and S-Bends were getting boring anyway. haha! j/k :D I'll try to do a raley during the race.

Does anyone have a buoy that we can use? If we get a couple of them we might even be able to set up a mini-kiter cross course.
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

I’m glad to hear there is some interest!

Mike Fox is going to bring some markers to set up a course; he is also trying to get a hold of a support boat. I will have a jet ski up there on Sunday to provide some support as well…

As far as kite racing goes we are far behind the guys in CA doing the Cabrinha race series, I think it’s time to play some catch up! The amount of interest we get could determine whether there will be a kiter crossing in September…

I think this will be a lot of fun!

Jon
Jon Stroh
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Well, we obviously we didn't to get to run a race at the gathering, if we had gotten wind on Sunday we probably would have done something… hopefully we will be more ready with support craft and what not next time!

Mike, Bryce and I are in talks about what we are going to do in September in place of the crossing…

We are in somewhat desperate need of some people to help organize the new event. If you are interested drop one of us a line!

Jon
Stroh068@gmail.com
Jon Stroh