Duluth

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

BSMITH

Duluth

Post by BSMITH »

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/LS/144.html

Someone get out there. ...I can not.
ollie

Re: Duluth

Post by ollie »

To bad cause it was GREAT!!
Jeff, Jon & I rode all evening, ten & twelve meter super powered, waves building to around 4' by 8:00pm. We all had to quit cause we were poopped. The Mother was a sweetheart and she's warming up too.
Bryan
Chip

Post by Chip »

Hope someone got out today! I've been out of town all day but just checked sky harbor and see it was 30 gusting to 40 all day... too bad I missed out!
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Chip, I thought that was you I saw out there... any ways there was one windsurfer out there!

Jeff, Brian, and I rode for two hours, it was great and the waves were HUGE! I was lit on a 10 the whole time! can't wait for more big days!
Jon Stroh
Chip

Post by Chip »

Must have been Chris.. I tried to get out around 5:30 for about 30 minutes, switched boards but never quite had enough power to get outside, inside was totally dead. Before and after I sailed, the wind was pretty stellar - water temp's not too bad at this point either. Hope you guys had a good time
peterrib

Post by peterrib »

One of my cooks was up in Duluth Thurs checking out a school when he spotted a kite so of the lift bridge and went down to check it out. One was on the water boosting big and someone on shore needed a launch so my guy helped out. Came home with a cool vid on his phone and lots of questions. Could be a newbie. Another one of my former employees with a cabin on Washington just started lessons with Chad. The fever spreads.
Peter
PS Who drives the 2 door Wrangler?
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

That's my Wrangler, that was Jeff and I... I was riding and your buddy launched Jeff’s kite. Brian showed up a little later to make it 3 fools riding in the rain!

The wind has been blowing up here but it just won't stop raining! Looks like a possibility of another NE push later today… fingers crossed!
Jon Stroh
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Sorry you missed you guys. I was up there at 1pm riding all by myself in the rain. Nice 7m session though!