What year is this board?

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Pete

What year is this board?

Post by Pete »

Can anyone out there give me a close idea as to when this board was made? It is a Mistral New Malibu, 165 ltrs. Sorry, I cannot tell you what the DCS stands for. Thanks for any help here.

Pete

JRN

Re: What year is this board?

Post by JRN »

I had a 1986 MISTRAL that looked alot like yours. I'd guess late '80's early 90's. Pretty in Pink! :o
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

DCS refers to the construction. If I remember right Mistral had two types in that era, DCS and LCS. DCS (Durable Carbon System) was their standard build with a strip or two of carbon reinforcement, it was more durable and less expensive. LCS (Light Carbon System), was lighter with more of a full carbon wrap. Replaced with CHS and XR constructions respectively, sometime around 1990 I think.
tbayray

Post by tbayray »

Hello Pete, I had an old Equipe with the pintail wingers and that was an 87 I believe. Kevin Gratton from Wind Power should be able to give you all the information you need. I am sure he will be able to help just by sending him an email.

Good luck.....

tbayray
At one time, a lost Canadian windsurfer who came to Minnesota to compete in regattas. Can be found sailing on a lake in Canada known as "Superior". From Thunder Bay, Ontario known as "tbayray to some Minnesota sailors thanks to Mike Fox.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks!