WEEKEND BEGINS

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JERRY

WEEKEND BEGINS

Post by JERRY »

Thinking of heading up to Reddy Creek today(Fri.). Any other takers with the day off :?:
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Lee_Uptown

Re: WEEKEND BEGINS

Post by Lee_Uptown »

My knee's back in kite shape. See you at Milly tomorrow!
dtownkiter

Post by dtownkiter »

i have a short day so i might head up there after work. if i make it out early i should be there before 4 and will probably stay and ride sat. as well.

adam t.
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

Kayla and I will be up at some point. I have to work fri/sat night and on call sunday evening. We may come for a short day tomorrow if the wind looks promising and back Sunday...pray i don't get called in!
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

I'll be there most of the day on Saturday :D
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Looks like Sat. will be better then today. See you boardheads up there tomorrow. :)
"The Pessimist complains about the wind; the optomist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." William Arther Ward
Browbry

Post by Browbry »

What 4 wind today up there? Saturday light winds, Sunday a little better is what Im seeing. Jerry, what are you seeing behind all that hair? If I am doing the math this would be a big kite day a 20m kite sesh Saturday. Please advise. Thanks.
RobH

Post by RobH »

If Gerry's making the call to drive up he must be seeing something, Hoping to make the treck up but Im on call, anyone know where the closest public wireless access is from Reddy ?
Rob Hyland
Cabrinha Shop Rider / Lakawa Team Rider
dtownkiter

Post by dtownkiter »

tomorrow definitely looks better. however, tonight (per NOAA, Garrison MN search) looks ridable as well. if anyone heads up there today please post conditions.

thanks-
Browbry

Post by Browbry »

RobH: Wireless closest to Reddy would either be that BP station right at the corner of 169 and 18. Option 2 that store nearest Malmo. If not there I guess you'd have to head over to Garrison.
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Guys,

What's the water temp like? Wetsuit? Drysuit? Speedos? Bikini? I cannot wait to get out there... It has been sooooo LOOOooonnGggg.

Eu Han
dtownkiter

Post by dtownkiter »

i was hot last wknd in my 5/3 full suit. if it is warm out, i would say a 3/2 full/shorty should be fine. i am sure the water warmed up this week as well.

hope to see ya'll up there.

adam t.
MAXIMILIANO

Post by MAXIMILIANO »

Leaving the cities Sat morning around 9:30am.

If the forecast holds, it's going to be muy bueno!
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Had a great hour long sesh in Garrison this morning from 11:30 until about 1 then had to go... wind was so fan steady!
Denis

Post by Denis »

Forecast is looking good. There was a lot of cold lake effect last week with South winds, so I suspect that I'll be on big kites this week too. Be at Reddy between 11 and noon with a camera. So if you see me walking in the water don't be shy, especially you Jerry.
(================P-</
Sponsored by Slingshot Kiteboarding
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

I am noticing that the side shore spots like Garrison don't get effected as much from the cold water thermal effect. yesterday it was blowing in garrison and dead calm at reddy, also I think there was more wind in Garrison last weekend then reddy.