Walleye Regatta this Weekend - See WIndsurfing History...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

ardenalan

Walleye Regatta this Weekend - See WIndsurfing History...

Post by ardenalan »

The MOWIND Race Series kicks off this weekend with the Walleye Regatta in Fond du Lac, WI. We are honored to have Ted and Tara Schweitzer (children of windsurfing co-inventor Hoyle Schweitzer) in attendance this year. They will be racing on Original Windsurfers, and we will be featuring a vintage class at the event. So come out and enjoy the fun on new gear, old gear, or anything in between.

Regatta Site: http://www.mowind.org/wp/?page_id=43
Directions: http://www.windpowerwindsurfing.com/map#directions
* Note that Winnebago Drive is closed for bridge maintenance, so approach from the east by taking the 151 bypass to County-K to get to the race site at Windpower.
adamel111

Re: Walleye Regatta this Weekend - See WIndsurfing History...

Post by adamel111 »

I'm headed to Fond du Lac for the Walleye Regatta. The Walleye Regatta is always a great event. You are guaranteed to race a lot and also learn a lot. There is usually a pretty good turn out - it would be great to see the Minnesota and Iowa windsurfers and kiters show up.

Adam
Adam Anderson
akmonroe

Post by akmonroe »

Alas,

I cannot make the Walleye this year. I must go to my brother in laws graduation. You guys have fun, and hopefully I will see you all at the Dam Jam!

Alex
adamel111

Post by adamel111 »

Alex, look forward to seeing you at the Dam Jam.
Adam Anderson