IKO Certification

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

tumblemonster

IKO Certification

Post by tumblemonster »

Anyone interested in join me for this IKO level one certification class

/ Details below:

Hello,

You receive this notification on our IKO Instructor Training Courses (ITC) because you have enquired about it in the past .
If you do not want to receive these anymore , or are already certified , we apology , and please reply “ Remove me “.This will allow us to update our “Enquiry Waiting List”.

This is the latest update, as of today 2/15/2010, for the IKO Instructor Courses coming up in Miami in the next 3 months:
· March 3rd to 7th ( with CPR/1st aid on the 2nd ) = 4 spaces left only !
· May 12th to 16th ( with CPR /1st aid on the 11th )

If you want to become certified before Spring and start teaching for a full summer season , take the opportunity right now.

The March Session is already half full ! If you want to attend this Course, It is crucial that you send in the registration form attached in the next few days, as we are less than 1 month away from the course, and as you can see many enquiries for it.
Only 8 candidates per course and registrations are confirmed once forms are received by our office with a 50% downpayment .
Those will be the 2 last IKO ITCs of the season . Next ITC will resume in Fall 2010.

Read all documents attached for all info needed. Check the pre-requesites , and the program.
You will need your gear for the riding skills test and equipment comparison. Possibility to ride before or after the course before 8.00am or after 6.00pm.

As for accommodations, I can add your email to the list of candidates willing to share a room in the closest hotel in Key Biscayne at the Silver Sands.
FYI, last course’s candidates were paying an average of $ 150 in hotel fees for the week when sharing rooms.

Accommodations options:
- In Key Biscayne, on the same island :
http://www.silversandsbeachresort.net/index.htm The closest hotel from our school , 20 min walking distance by the beach.
We negotiated a 15% discount for the candidates. Just mention “Miamikiteboarding “. It’s a simple and affordable resort, on the front beach , with pool.
Rates starts @ $169/night / room, before discount , for 2 to 4 people capacity ( 2 double beds) . They also have cottages for up to 6 people @ $279/nite

- In Miami or South Beach
You can find several hostels or other ” specials” online Check this link: http://www.hostels.com/us.fl.mi.html but you will need a car !

ITC’s 2009-10 Candidates feedback :

“I just completed the course offered by IKO and Christophe Ribot. This course and the instructor greatly exceeded my expectations. The level of insight, professionalism and dedication that we enjoyed in this training was a welcome surprise. The course opened my eyes to the opportunities and responsibilities of instructors in the industry, as well as giving me a depth of knowledge. Most important I think is the client oriented teaching method that is going to set IKO instructors apart in terms of student success and satisfaction. I know my classmates had the same experience and we all left the course very pumped up about IKO. Bart M, Ski Coach, Ca

“A quick note of thanks for an amazing week in Key Biscayne. The boys and I certainly gained an enormous amount of valuable info, learned from you (and each other) and can't say enough about how well you know the in's and out's of this great sport. Thanks for being so patient and professional - I know I would have probably lost my cool a few times with this group but you held it together to the benefit of us all. You were a fantastic presenter and facilitator. Really. Bill E, Tennis Pro Tour Coach Tampa, Fl

“Back in Rome, Missing you all, I had an amazing time Thank you for the course and the opportunities it created. Augusto Z, Rome Italy

“Thanks everyone for the course, felt like I really learned a lot and met some great people. Bronya J, Manchester UK

“Great to meet all of you. I had a great week and learned a lot. Hope to keep in touch with all of you. Matt M, Washington DC

Check also our Photo Gallery: http://miamikiteboarding.com/photos.html to see last IKO courses and other insight of our location and Kitesurf center.

Thank you for your attention,
Looking forward to training you soon.

Christophe Ribot
Miamikiteboarding Manager
IKO Examiner FL, USA & Caribean
IKO Rep Florida territory

www.Miamikiteboarding.com
info@kitesurfmiami.com
cell : 786 897 8769