Bar Question

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

mattrau

Bar Question

Post by mattrau »

Hey Guys, I have a 09' 7.5m slingshot rev, and a 07' 13m waroo. I prefer the slingshot bar to the best bar, and am wondering if I would have any problems flying my waroo with the slingshot bar?
JRN

Re: Bar Question

Post by JRN »

THE REV DIRECT DRIVE BAR WORKS GREAT ON WAROOS. I retired my Best bars in favor of the SS design. I think they're safer, & prefer the leash through the bar. Take a little extra on the depower cleat when you first try to launch, just to be on the safe side. :shock:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
mattrau

Post by mattrau »

what about line length? If the lines are longer or shorter than suggested, will I notice a change? Should I be concerned if they are different lengths?
JRN

Post by JRN »

THE LENGTHS WORKED FINE ON MY WAROOS. Attach the back ones to the 3rd knot from the end & the fronts the same as on your Best Bar. If in doubt, lay them out side by side & compare.
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Stroh

Post by Stroh »

Shorter lines will make your kite faster across the window… you have to adjust your timing for jumps and turns.
I ride 30m on my 14 (for a bigger window in the light winds and thermos on Milly) and 25m on my 9
Jon Stroh
Eric P

Post by Eric P »

The only thing you have to worry about is the "kook proof" ends that slingshot uses, and that best does not use (at least the last I checked). I would just change the knot on your waroo pulley to a loop able to do a larks head. Keep in mind that these changes may change the length ratio between the center and steering lines. This could cause the kite to become more powered (if you lengthen the center lines) so change the knot you use accordingly on the steering lines. I changed the bularoo 7M I have to a kook proof setup and use a rev bar for it as well. Works great as a get out of some serious shit card (like when a thunderstorm is coming in and pushing 50+ MPH wind at you on Milly)
Eric