Clever windsurf gear storage ideas wanted

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

stevenP

Clever windsurf gear storage ideas wanted

Post by stevenP »

I recently moved and need to re-design my windsurfer storage system in a garage that is a bit narrower but taller (open rafters). Anybody have any clever, effecient, storage ideas for a bunch of windsurfers, booms, masts, kites, etc? They have to be stored above the cars. If you have photos, that would be helpful.

thanks,
sPk
steveb

Re: Clever windsurf gear storage ideas wanted

Post by steveb »

Metal hooks in the roof. Get 1 inch nylon webbing similar to roof tie down straps ( midwest Mtn used to have it) loop the webbing over the hook and tie a knot approx the width of a board,second knot for the next board etc. usually you have room to store 2 boards vertically on their side and slide masts etc on top of the boards.
Regional Ozone Team rider
bscheig

Re: Clever windsurf gear storage ideas wanted

Post by bscheig »

Steve's suggestion looks good. I made a thing out of nylon webbing and snap connectors that will hold 3 boards along with sails and masts flat against a wall. If you're interested, let me know.

Bill bscheig@comcast.net