GR8 DAY ON D'BEAR!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

JRN

GR8 DAY ON D'BEAR!

Post by JRN »

ONE OF THOSE RARE SPECIAL DAYS WHEN IT ALL COMES TOGETHER. Plenty of wind, snow, & lots of kiter friends to share it. Thanks Tighe for the Brats (yum), and Randy for the ride on your new Octane (wowsers). 8)
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
RandyL

Re: GR8 DAY ON D'BEAR!

Post by RandyL »

AWESOME DAY!!!!
Thanks for the Brats Tighe, they really hit the spot :D
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

yeah, wow those don't come around often.
Great snow, great wind, great company.

I owe today to Randy. My gear is somewhere between here and Idaho in Mike B's van (thanks Mike). Randy loaned me pretty much everything so I could ride today...would have been really hard missing today. Thanks Randy.

yeah those brats were tasty. Let's do that more often.
Tighe
baskinT

Post by baskinT »

Woah! Exactly. What a day for me... Second time on the snow/kite, third outing overall. It was a great opening tip by Tighe to pump the 10m, not the 14 m.

Going in, I was quite nervous, but thanks to Randy and Avery (you guys simply ROCK!), I was able to set up and get going (even for a little bit). Great tips/advice over all. Avery, can't believe you stayed around with all the encouragement while you could be riding. I am totally speechless. Same goes to Randy too. What brats, beer or something you pick, you have to let me know for the next outing. I will bring them out... I certainly owe you.

Certainly an awesome day. Met new faces and feeling my way a little further into this kiting sport. It is a lot of fun! Thanks again and hope to see you next time!

Baskin
The best thing about a man is his dog
steveb

Post by steveb »

Had a nice day teaching on Cedar Lake. Tough to beat sunshine, steady breezes and nice snow.
Nancy got out for her first time today, she's been so busy training for the Birkie that she hasn't had time to kite. This'll be her 20th Birkie, she gets to become a member of the elite " Birch Leggings Club" for people that have done 20 or more Birkies. Masochists every one of them.
I didn't get to ride but had a great time watching students and Nancy get ride time in. Fun Day.
Regional Ozone Team rider
MK

Post by MK »

Steve, I didn't get to ride today either with all the students but was totally amazed by the day. Big blue sky, great temps and wind, deep snow. Glad the students had today to get the fever.

Why am I suddenly hungry for grilled brats and beer?
torisspacedog

Post by torisspacedog »

Yeah today was great People Wind & Snow My new vehicle made it's debut onto the lake and it made it back off easily so now I'm not worried about driving it on the lakes. Well today was so good in fact anybody up for a late session on Calhoun? I'll be there about midnight till I have to go plow so come on out. Later ML :D :D
JRN

Post by JRN »

DAY 3 & D'BEAR DELIVERS AGAIN W/ PETER (LYNNS) ALOFT! GR8 group per usual. Thanks again everyone for the shove out of the snow pile! :oops:
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})