I deleted the Calhoun Post

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

I deleted the Calhoun Post

Post by Tighe »

I have deleted the Calhoun post.

The posts were violating the forum rules, mainly to keep it positive.
http://www.lakawa.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15

Before deleting, I read through the entire thing again to see if there was any value to be saved. The only thing that I saw, was the notice of Nathans meeting of the MNKA group this Monday. I would hope that he will reply to the Kiteboarding Association thread and restate the details of the meeting. If not contact him at nathan@northstarkiteboarding.com.

Let's move on, share some wind, some laughs and the stoke that we all share.
Tighe
Travii

Re: I deleted the Calhoun Post

Post by Travii »

CHEERS!
DavidKnight

Post by DavidKnight »

Coincidentally, on the same evening of this divisive act, one of my favorite bands played one of my favorite songs down at First Avenue.

Son Volt - Windfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcKqNZKo ... re=related

For those who want to review or continue the banter, I'm sure Eric will maintain and accept the attention on his website and via email.

Thanks for maintaining LAKAWA as a platform where we can organize around the positive energy that the wind provides us.

"May the wind take your troubles away..."
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

In hind sight after my initial post I realized I may have been too strong in my statement about value in the posts. The viewpoints of many were extremely valued and I think many appreciated hearing them. Unfortunately the thread in it's entirety and some posts in specific did not contribute anything positive.

The one good thing that has come out of this is an awareness of these issues. Nathan's meeting this week may be a good forum for discussing these issues further.

ride on
Tighe
Catzo Ikiro

Post by Catzo Ikiro »

In Japan we have history of celebrating heroes. For a hero, the temptation to destroy an opponent can be the ultimate test or sacrifice.

For Eric Stone a haiku called "Calhoun":

Wind is strong on lake,
Rig quick, boost high over waves,
Spread the stroke, Ride on!
MK

Post by MK »

I'm sure there was no intention to disrespect all those opinions shared in the Calhoun post that was removed. A lot of time and intellectual energy was shared. I got to understand with greater appreciation peoples opinions. I really don't want to step into this deal and I'm wishing to avoid getting assigned to any party. We did seem to do a good job of uncovering a valuable concern. Naturally we will see oposition and maybe the best we'll do is agree to disagree.

I'm am hopeful there can be some resolve and a meeting on common, unbiased ground with Nathan's upcoming meeting. I'm not stating we need regulation since we have been fairly successful to date but it appears to work in some areas. It is worth the time to further discover the pro's and con's. Hopefully we can devise an agreement to avoid further separation in ideaology.

As a father, husband and provider it is tough to see anyone loose their job. Again, I'm not choosing sides. I'll be interested to see how this discussion pans out and if we're able as a community to come together outside of special interests and create a greater good. Securing the safety and advancing the sport seemed to be a common message shared since we all realize how fun the sport and community is.

I have always enjoyed this forum and again am looking forward to what grows from it.

Mike
markjohnson

Post by markjohnson »

Tighe, I wish you had deleted that earlier. It took me an hour to read the whole dam thing.
Erik Stone

Post by Erik Stone »

Domo arigato gozaimasu, Ikirosan.
Erik Stone

Post by Erik Stone »

Censorship at it’s best.