Mille goes boom

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Tighe

Mille goes boom

Post by Tighe »

What a great day at Mille! Great wind, on and off sun, and great vibe. Looks like it's still nukin up there. Had to get back to the cities but by the feel of my body I had had enough anyway.
Tighe
DavidKnight

Re: Mille goes boom

Post by DavidKnight »

Yep... it was great to ride Father Hennepin on a WNW day in just a shortie.

5.8 and 83 liter board... but just Steve Erickson and me were there to enjoy it. Steve was on a 5.2 and a 79 liter wave board.

Here's some mille web cams for you Steve...

http://millelacswebcam.com/

http://www.hunterspointresort.com/bobbercam.html
steveb

Post by steveb »

Just a shorty!!!! I came in after my first session in a 3/2 long suit and put on my 5/4. I'm turning into such a puss but it felt great.
Still a great day, more than the wind priests at the weather channels predicted, I guess the gods just weren't listening.
Great to see everyone, I think it was Eu Hans marmite gift that made the wind gods happy, thanks!!!! Eu.
Saw you get a nice jump, flying though the air, you're sure going for it out there.
Nap time, I'm tired after all the fresh air and working the legs out through that chop.
Regional Ozone Team rider
steve erickson

Post by steve erickson »

Dave, thanks for sharing the day. I can't believe I got on my little wave board for an hour. Father Hennepin rarely disappoints.
The web cam links will come in very handi for future sessions.
JRN

Post by JRN »

Got to demo a new Kahuna @ Malmo on Sat. I was able to be nicely powed on a 7.5 while most were on 9's & 12's. It did stay parked nicely upstairs for jumps and tricks, but had to be signed hard on starts and transitions. It also liked to ROCKET to the zenith which sometimes resulted in some unwanted and unanticipated airtime! More than once I got yanked out of the straps, and did one somewhat painful faceplant in the shallows. As with any new kite, it may take a few more sessions in higher wind to adjust, or it may be on the next UPS shipment out. Nice to ride with everyone again!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Yeah! I had a wonderful time out there yesterday, powered to the Max on a 10m Havoc. Jumping is great and it keeps getting better... I got a couple of successful jumps but for the most part countless crashes. There was ONE BIG BIG CRASH... it looked so bad that Randy kited be to see if I was ok... thanks Randy :-) It was UNpleasant, water gushing through my eyelids (I thought my corneas ripped out) and nasal cavities i never knew existed.

Steve, I sure did go for it... I'm paying the price today, I can't walk straight (like I ever do).
Glad to know you have some Marmite for the next week or so :-D Let me know if you need more, the store is close by and I can pick it up anytime. I have a feeling Marmite gives the gods some mighty gas resulting in strong winds on earth.

Jim! You looked great with your little Kahoona... aesthetically the kite suits you because of it's bright cheery yellow and the shape resembles the smile. Nevertheless, it also has a not so clean white. I think you should keep it for 35-40 mph winds.

Ohh... And thanks to stranger on a rev for getting my board after one of my crashes.

Good to see you all out there!
Elkman

Post by Elkman »

I had a great day at Malmo on Saturday. I'm still learning (as I keep disclaiming), so I was practicing my water starts and trying to ride. I made a lot of progress, and I even got in some riding once I got up on the board. I just need to work on keeping up my momentum once I'm out of the water, but I'm sure I'll get there with a little more practice.

It was a great day out there. I hope to get out and do some more riding, but August is shaping up to be a busy month for me.
Todd Murray
Bloomington, MN
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Just a note on the marmite. If you like marmite, be sure to try Vegemite, in fact you'll probably like it better. In Australia it's generally preferred (as Steve will tell you), in the same way Coke is preferred over Pepsi, or Two-hearted over summit. Don't even bother with Pro-mite.

Glad everybody got their kite on. Sounds like I missed out, but there was a little wind down here yesterday at Rutherford.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Marmite=Vegemite. Same stuff, same company, different brand names for different countries.
You definitely missed a nice session.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Marmite=Vegemite=Yuck (at least the last time I tried it)

Yikes that stuff scares me!

Isn't it pretty much just processed nutritional yeast?

And doesn't that give you great gas?
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

I have no idea what it is but I had my share when I lived over there. I liked it. Like most foods it's all about the proportions. If it was spread too heavy I thought it was a bit nasty.
Tighe
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

Not only proportions matter but how you prepare it. My mom use to mix it with warm water and force it down my throat, and says it's GOOD FOR YOU!
steveb

Post by steveb »

You either love it or hate it, there's little middle ground.

My fav is cream cheese bagel with Marmite,yummy.