lessons

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

GrahamMansell

lessons

Post by GrahamMansell »

ok, as youn know, everyone who starts kiting should take a lesson. BUT. seeing as im a 16 year old, i have little money to back up the price of a substantial lesson. seriously, if ANYONE has the time and patience/ good gear...(a jetski or boat) to teach me what im doing, please call me on the cell. please. i can fly the kite great, and have wakeboarding background. now i just need to put it together.

Cell: 651 274 8338

email: bigairboarder124@aol.com

Graham Mansell (ROCKS)
Go big or go home. whatever you do in life, do it like your pro.
Tighe

Re: lessons

Post by Tighe »

Anyone want to mentor Graham? He's taking the right approach and asking for help. Believe me we don't want him teaching himself at any of our local launches. He's got the stoke and the smarts to ask for help. Hopefully someone can help out.

Graham some other options:
Get a part time job, make a little money to pay for lessons.

Got to Malmo on Mille Lacs, walk out as far as you can stand( 1/2 mile at least. ) and work on launching and landing your kite, body drags etc. Be sure to wear a PFD and a helmet.

We'd love to help you out but we've got more paying students than we can teach right now, so pro bono work will have to wait. sorry.
Tighe
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

Tighe. thank you for your words of wisdom, i am getting my license in a week, IF I PASS.... PRAY FOR ME!!!! :) :lol: 8) :lol: :) :D :o :D
yeah, malmo it is. once i get the license i will be up there going at it. i might even take a weekend and take MAX camping. hahaha :)

but seriously, if anyone has the time to teach me. please. call. immediately. :):):)

651-274-8338

G MAN
anne of willmar

Post by anne of willmar »

you could offer to do chores, yardwork for some kiting instructor...whatever you do, also spelling, do it like YOU'RE a pro
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Graham --

If you show up at Rutherford Park today (on the north side of white bear lake) I will spend some time with you. I'll be there around 11:00 and spend a couple of hours. It's really nice out. I'm a pudgy white guy with a beard.

There will be others there as well, I imagine, who can help out.

By the way everyone, I'm bringing a cooler with goodies in it.

Dave
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

anybody have a grill they can bring to Rutherford today?
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

ahhh...that might work. i dont get off school til 3 this afternoon. anyone gonna be there then?

hopefully i could.

i know that i am going to Pepin this weekend for memorial day, so ill be bringing the gear.

G MAN
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

I will most likely be there until 3:00 or so, since I am just leaving the house now.

dave
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

ahh sorry bro, cant do it today. probably when i get my license i can get out more. plus, i am making a little money today working for a neighbor... mowing, raking, and doing some minor landscape and lawn maintaining. i am taking my license test next monday....and I will pass. yes...i will.

G MAN :wink: :lol: 8) :D :) :o :D
JRN

Post by JRN »

I TRY TO RIDE @ MALMO as often as I can. If I see you there I could offer advice, but am not a certified instructor.
Do you have a nice big kiteboard? I tried to learn on a wakeboard, but it just made it more difficult. You could also try to lobby your parents to vacation in known kiting venues where lessons and rentals are available...Padre, Hatteras, even Maui. Heck, they might try it too! Good Luck! Start saving that gas money. 300 mi. @ 20 mpg= 15 gal X $3= $45!!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

yeah JRN, were headin to The Hatteras August. luckily, dont pay gas money, i still have parents you know. haha :) but, i wna ride before then. like i said, once i get my license, i will try to go to maybe Malmo, or white bear. D'Bear is a heck of a lot closer!!!!

G MAN
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

Well Graham, and everyone else, you didn't miss much today at the Bear. It turns out it peaked around 10 am and it was all downhill from there. I was miffed personally because I haven't had a decent session yet this year.. argh. but at least I had the sunny day, beer, and some nice folks around. Thanks Terry for letting me use the kite.

Graham, you sound like somebody who will get riding soon. Just be careful and remember, safety first.

Peace.

Dave
GrahamMansell

Post by GrahamMansell »

i think im going to a frieinds cabin, who is like 5 miles from malmo....i will bike if i have to!!!!!

hahahaha i really hope so!