White Bear - Bellaire Saturday

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

DavidKnight

White Bear - Bellaire Saturday

Post by DavidKnight »

When I clicked it at noon on Friday, the Lakawa Mille Lacs wind link had Mille forecast to blow tomorrow at 48 from the NW. I did some digging into other forecasts and it looks like Mille's forecast to gust NW only to around 30. Something's wrong there. So the metro forecasts are a little stronger (34 or so, at least as of Friday noon). I'm thinking a mid Saturday morning arrival to Bellaire will be the ticket. C'mon, let's see the lot fill up just like old times!
Bryce

Re: White Bear - Bellaire Saturday

Post by Bryce »

Probably was showing in km/h for some reason.

I'll be out on pelican tomorrow NW are great!
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

I will be out for a morning session at 3 seasons. I'll try to arrive around 10 or so. then I have to go home to host a house warming party.

See you there chickens.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
Reds

Post by Reds »

What's better on a NW...Bellaire or Wildwood Beach? I am in for 1pm. May have to rig small. looks like a big blow! Yeeeow!
Patrick
Geo

Post by Geo »

Saturday looks like the pole boards will get to come out again!

Wildwood or Mahtomedi have better fetch and even swell than Bellaire. Bellaire has a bit more of the venturi effect, but the waves tend to be more broken up. The swell is almost as nice as Waconia, just not more than a few hundred feet wide. Good for lots of jibing. If it is really windy, I'd only kite out of Wildwood...despite the docks, there are good shallows.

Experimental shows early, east side winds. It'll be good to get out again (you guys from Padre might even be in the mood to get in the nippy water).
Dave Z

Post by Dave Z »

Agreed! Longer fetch will make WildW better. Be extra careful launching tomorrow down in that neck of the woods - lots of docks out, less beach than Ramsey and little room for error! May pass on tangle surfing tomorrow and pull out the windsurfing equipment if it gets near 40. Blaine is already reading 290 20 G30!!!!