Thin Ice !!!!!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Terry Dunklee

Thin Ice !!!!!

Post by Terry Dunklee »

Coming off da Bear at Mahtomedi today I talked with two DNR officers walking out to post an area of thin ice just north of the ramp onto the lake. Apparently yesterday somebody broke through, getting one wheel stuck, and needed help to get out. There was no obvious rough spot or open water but they were going out with to probe and mark the area. Watch for signs just north of the entrance onto the ice --- probably 15- 20 yards out. Be careful out there!!!!
krazykatie

Re: Thin Ice !!!!!

Post by krazykatie »

Someone told me last week that there was open water in a few different places on white bear.
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
palmby

Re: Thin Ice !!!!!

Post by palmby »

i found a soft spot today with one of my ski boots in front of my aunts house. she lives ~6 doors south of mahto beach. it seemed like it was an open seem from a craze/heave near shore in probably just a few feet of water, that had drifted in with snow. with what the dnr reports, we might just have had big ice shift on the east shore of white bear. word to the wise - if youre hiking out, just put one shoulder strap of your pack on so you can get rid of your bag if you go through.