Green Bay Snowkite Jam - Feb 7th 09

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

P R Key

Green Bay Snowkite Jam - Feb 7th 09

Post by P R Key »

Come and be part of the first snowkiting event to happen in Green Bay, WI. With record December snowfalls and more to come this event, is sure to please. Located on the west shore of Green Bay spectators can enjoy the show from Geano's Beach Resort Bar just steps from the ice.

Green Bay Snowkite Jam is the kick off to Midwest's, new online kiteboarding company, Velocity Kiting (www.velocitykiting.com). There will be demos from Ozone, Liquid Force and FlexiFoil along with free introductory trainer lessons. We will also have a terrain park with rails and kickers. With miles of riding area there is plenty of room for everyone.

What if there is no wind?? There will be a winch to pull riders through the terrain park along with other winter activities.

Here is the link to register along with directions to the event.
www.velocitykiting.com

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

See you there!!
Geo

Re: Green Bay Snowkite Jam - Feb 7th 09

Post by Geo »

Was in GB for Xmas. Snowed a ton. Exactly enough wind to get me out there, but also not enough to get one going in 9" of wet, heavy snow. Left that Sunday, and Of Course, the winds were cranking. Always blows the day before and the day after I seem to go there. Wah.

Nice to know there is a kiting community there. Thanks for the heads-up!
krazykatie

Post by krazykatie »

i'm interested! i'm still undecided on montana snowkite rodeo. If i don't go, this may be a good option.
Midwest Mountaineering/Slingshot Regional Team Rider
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

Yeah, this year has been pretty spectacular for snow and wind. I hope it keeps up! :D I've been kiting in GB just about every other weekend with wonderful conditions.

Geo, keep in touch with me...I am a GB native and return there pretty often if you ever need to catch a ride.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Nancy and I are going out to this event, I hope some others decide to support Jeremy and Daniel in their new venture.
See you there
Regional Ozone Team rider
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Wish it didn't conflict with the Gathering.
Tighe
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

gather your way to GreenBay!! sounds like a great time!!
Hope my knee is in shape by then to fly back for it.
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

Yeah Nate it would be sweet to see you out there... When are you do back in town?
Nathan B

Post by Nathan B »

Jermery good cathcing up the other day on the phone, Just wanted to wish you luck with the event and wish I could make it, But look forward to kiting with you in Greenbay this coming fall! sounds like a sick spot.

wish I could make the event, looks fun Hopefully some of yall can make it to this event. They have a sweet high speed winch he built and a bunch of rails for a terrian park sounds like a fun time! good luck and have fun out there!
steveb

Post by steveb »

Nate..hows that knee doing?.
Regional Ozone Team rider
P R Key

Post by P R Key »

It looks like the stars have aligned for our first event. The forecasts are calling for 15-25 and a temp of 41 degrees. The bay is in great shape. With a base of 6-8" of medium pack and with the warm weather it should soften it up quite a bit. We hope to see some of you out there.
scottman

Post by scottman »

I'm thinking of making the trek out there, I hear it's 4 hrs from Cahmplin, man that's a ways to drive to kite for the day and drive back....I will see, I'll decide by tonight and repost if some other people want to convoy up there it would be fun. If I do go I would leave at around 5am to get there by 9am if anyone is interested?
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

OK - twist my arm....I'm in :)
See you guys out there.