Tighe - Thanks for all you do to make LAKAWA great!

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

mdh01

Tighe - Thanks for all you do to make LAKAWA great!

Post by mdh01 »

Tighe,
Thanks for all you do to administer the LAKAWA site as a front end portal to the sport we love. We are lucky to have such a great virtual meeting site. I know you don’t need more to do, and hopefully you have some help from our community in managing this site…

Just a thought, perhaps we could add a sticky note for suggestions of future site enhancements. It would help collect ideas that could make the site even better, of course with no guarantee they would be implemented. One thought for 2009 is to consider a new structure (such as NWKITE.COM) to allow easier access for mobile devices (iphone, blackberry,etc). We could get more 'in the field' updates that way!

Again…my real intent is to say thanks for all you do!

Mark
Tighe

Re: Tighe - Thanks for all you do to make LAKAWA great!

Post by Tighe »

Thanks mon. I appreciate it.

The sticky idea sounds good. I've got a small laundry list of my own as well.

Not sure I understand your suggestion though. Do you mean to make the site all forum based? I know the frame layout doesn't breakdown well on mobile devices. You can get into just the forum directly in the meantime via this address:

http://www.lakawa.com/phpBB/index.php

Once I get that improvements sticky up, maybe elaborate on it a bit more.

thanks

tighe
Tighe
steveb

Post by steveb »

Ditto to Marks comment, no community without Lakawa.In the old days you knew who rode at your lake or the people that did the races.Never had a clue what was going on at waconia or any where else.
Thanks Tighe and Mark.
Regional Ozone Team rider
Mike W

Post by Mike W »

Many thanks from me too, Tighe! By hosting this site you do a great service to the community.

P.S. I probably could not figure out how to turn on a mobile device if I had one.
JRN

Post by JRN »

I never knew what blogging was, & then realized you've provided me with such an outlet. What can I say, but thanks.
I really depend on this site to keep up with all of your comings & goings, meeting friends to ride, swapping gear, laughing together at our foibles, and generally enjoying each other on line or in person. Thanks again, Tighe for keeping it going, & Mark for making it happen!
WARNING:
I AM AN UNREFORMED SERIAL FLIRT!!
(please respond accordingly ;^{})
MK

Post by MK »

This site is to us as cream of mushroom soup is to hot dish :lol:

Thanks,

Mike
mikeyg

Post by mikeyg »

Yeah, this website is an invaluable tool. What would I do without it. I have made many contacts through this site as I'm sure many of you have. I feel like a part of a family I am yet to meet in its entirety. And let us not forget about our personal wind calculator! Thanks for the site upkeep, cause I'm sure there are other things that you could be doing, like boosting some big air! Man, what am I doing in front of my computer right now? I should be out there myself enjoying what brings me great joy. http://www.lakawa.com/phpBB/posting.php ... 0a7bd65718#
See ya out there!
Mike G.
kiteboymn

Post by kiteboymn »

Tighe, what can I say, you're like the Ferris Bueller of web masters! :D

Kiteboy
Live Hard!
Lakawa Shop Rider
http://mnkiteboy.com/
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

What a great group of people we have in the Kite and Windsurfing community. Over the past two years I have acquired quite a few great friendships and I’m not sure any of it would have happened with out Tighe and LAKAWA.
THANKS Tighe!!! :D :D :D
ImageLAKAWA /Local Slingshot Team Rider
ice_kmauve

Post by ice_kmauve »

I will also raise my glass and say "Thanks Tighe" for running the website and promoting kiting and helping make it safe as well. Just.. much appreciation.

When I send people to Tighe to get a first lesson or tell them to go to Lakawa, I know I am putting them in good hands and they will get everything they need to become safe, good kiters.

Have a Merry Christmas, safe winter solstice, and Merry Festivus.
"They call me Doctor Love.. Doctor love!!" - an obscure rock band.
Matt G

Post by Matt G »

I would like to echo everyone else in thanking Tighe for keeping us all networked with a great website, social events, and surfaris. Most importantly, I would like to thank Tighe for teaching me how to ride. I learned this summer and the sport and the great people doing it have made the past several months awsome. I can't wait to see you all out on the snow.

Thanks Tighe!
scottchapman

Post by scottchapman »

:D As the year draws to an end I want to personally thank my friend Tighe for his dedication to the wind community! I don't say it enough since I am a good friend of yours! I was there when you created the site when the web was just growing. The original LAWA was ahead of it's time. It has created great friends and a community we can all be proud of. You will never please everyone, but your passion for the sport and your willingness and dedication to make it safer is beyond compare. Your dedication to making sure we keep our launch sites and organize for the betterment of the group make me proud to call you my friend! Let us all give thanks to the continued success of Lakawa and the support for Tighe that he deserves. He has spend countless hours making our sports and friendships flourish! May the winds always blow and the your jumps be blissful my friend!
Judd or Dianne

Post by Judd or Dianne »

I'm glad someone brought this up, cuz I know you do lots of work on it.

Thank you :lol:

Dianne