Racing Event on Mille Lacs SUNDAY - Garrison - 10AM

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Bryce

Re: Racing Event on Mille Lacs Aug 21-22nd

Post by Bryce »

Oh yeah Nate! I think your a windsurfer right? I was trying to focus on setting up a kiter race, but you and any other windsurfers are more than welcome to come up and race alongside the kiters. It would be for an interesting competition! Maybe the winners of the kiter heats can race against the winners of the windsurfers?
Bryce

Add to google map for MN kiting spots!
Minnesota Kiting Map
tbayray

Post by tbayray »

I am always up for a race and supported my U.S. neighbors down south. It sounds like this is a kiting event. Is this open to windsurfers also????

tbayray :?:
At one time, a lost Canadian windsurfer who came to Minnesota to compete in regattas. Can be found sailing on a lake in Canada known as "Superior". From Thunder Bay, Ontario known as "tbayray to some Minnesota sailors thanks to Mike Fox.
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

tbayray, My focus was getting the kiters out to try out some racing, but I would be open to running some windsurfing heats as well. As well as pit the windsurfers against the kiters if we have time :D

For the pre-registration, post on here or email me (sieg01@gmail.com) and let me know your coming by thursday and the entry fee is $10. If you registrar onsite then it will be $15. I am trying to keep the costs to a minimum to get everyone out there and trying it out. Also let me know if you are kiting or windsurfing. If we have enough windsurfers interested then I'll make a few racing heats for you guys too!

I'd like to run the race at either garrison or malmo depending on the wind. I'll keep it updated and let everyone know on here and mnadventure.
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map
Lia

Post by Lia »

Is there a schedule of events posted somewhere?
May try to make it that way for the 22nd...thanks!
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Keeping it really minimal. I'll post here on friday for where to meet on sat and sun and do a write up for the type of race. I'm just trying to focus on the racing aspect.

Besides that I don't have a formal post/pre-racing party. I'll leave that to the people that show up to decide. My guess people would meet at the y-club,blue goose, or castaways.

Hope to see you out!
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Last edited by Bryce on Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map
Bryce

Post by Bryce »

Looks like Sat is out of the question.. not much wind to speak of there. Sunday is still looking good, so the race is still on!! Garrison looks the best right now but I'll make the call tomorrow (sat) at around noon.
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map
MK

Post by MK »

Thanks for keeping us posted Bryce.
Bryce

Re: Racing Event on Mille Lacs SUNDAY - Garrison - 10AM

Post by Bryce »

With the wind direction it looks like Garrison is the best spot for the race. I mapped out what the race it going to look like. 2 laps with around a buoy that is slightly upwind of starting buoys. Looks like it will be fun! They bumped up the forecast again!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 3ed38ea628

The Racers meeting will be at 10am near the water in garrison. We will start running heats as soon as the wind is high enough to get everyone moving.
Bryce

Minnesota Kiting Map