Calhoun

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Lee_Uptown

Re: Calhoun

Post by Lee_Uptown »

What time are meeting up? Thanks
Jason_L

Post by Jason_L »

I'm shooting for somewhere between 11am and noon, depending on wind of course.
sekollera

Post by sekollera »

I'll be out there in the afternoon once the wind comes.

Calhoun has been making ice for what, three weeks now? The fisherman are out for two days now and skiers on it for two weeks. My gut says it is good to go.

/Adam
red-white ranger 12m + old longboards
seamonkey

Post by seamonkey »

Sunday is the day. Three of us will be building a huge kicker made from all natural materials ( snow ). Bring your smallest kites and prepare to reclaim Calhoun from the pole-smurfers! :mrgreen:
" Real living begins on the far side of despair " _ Jean Paul Sartre
Gust User

Post by Gust User »

ok who's got the ice report? looking to get out there monday tuesday maybe even sunday? anyone done some drilling? what's the 411?
Ride On!

Gamer Tag: Starbuxfiend
pserrata

Post by pserrata »

I will be there today Dean, hope to see you around !!

:D
Lee_Uptown

Post by Lee_Uptown »

I don't have an official Ice report. I just walked my doggy on Calhoun, I didn't hear any cracking and there was a pretty big Ice fishing house right smack in the middle of the lake. In addition, tons of foot prints and X country ski tracks traversing the lake. Some dude was playing with his dog on the north side of the lake, and did not fall through.
Snow is about 6-7 inches, albeit loose. The surface of the ice is really jagged. I'd imagine having a hard time boarding on it????
Wind... light but doable, seems to be picking up as I headed home.