Arizona Report

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

pat taylor

Arizona Report

Post by pat taylor »

I have not sailed all summer. I am looking forward to Texas in November. However, my wife and I took had a good trip to Califorina: We visited Joshua Tree, Sequoia, Kings Canyon and Yosemite National Parks. We did some great hikes, and saw Half Dome and El Capitian. Watched and talked to some of the climbers on El Capitian. After the parks we visited some friends in Sonoma, and did the winery visiting thing. After Sonoma we went to San Fransico for the day, and did some trolley riding and walking around the wharf. We then drove down the coast, and I saw a bunch of windsurfers and kitters on the ocean. We stopped and I asked a sailor where we were, and he said Waddle Creek. It just about killed me to see everybody sailing and kitting, and me with no gear. We continued on to Monterery and Carmel and then came home. It was a great trip, but probably did too much in too short or time. Look forward to seeing some of the gang in Texas. It sounded like it was a pretty good year in Minnesota. Pat