That's the breaks...

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Eric S

That's the breaks...

Post by Eric S »

This is Eric's brother Kurt. I just got off the phone with him, he asked me to advise you all heading to the gorge that he has broken his distal fibula (cankle to you non-medical types - broken skateboarding believe it or not) and is heading back home to Minnesota as of this date.

He said to tell Brian and the guys he's sorry but will not be able to procure and hold the camp site at Tucker Park as you'd planned.

I'm sure he'll be posting a follow up when he returns.
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

wow, sorry to hear that. Hope he recovers quickly.
Tighe
Paul F

Post by Paul F »

Sorry to hear Eric left before I could say hi. Its weird timing because I was just talking to a friend here at Intel who is going to take tomorrow off and camp at Tucker. I told him to look for MN plates and say hi. Its a good thing Eric wasn't out on the water when it happened. I remember one day at Rowena I had to help carry a windsurfer to his car because he broke his ankle on a jump. Good luck and see you next year, Eric.
Jim N

Bad news Dude!

Post by Jim N »

Sorry to hear your shortened trip, E! You should have plenty of recovery time though, no prospects of any wind to speak of on the horizon. Maybe you can rack up more bucks in the interim...Call me when you're back, I'll spring for lunch. :roll: JN
JERRY

Post by JERRY »

Sorry to hear, Eric. :o

Sucks to be sidelined and several of us can relate to recovering from injuries. One great thing about our bodies is that they do heal, so try not to abuse them.

Eric will still show up at popular sites to share the stoke and give advice on rigging. 8)

On the plus side, bring you're photo gear. We now have a camera man. :)

jerry
Randy

Humor healing

Post by Randy »

Hey Eric,
You've certainly contributed to our healing with your humor and wit and I hope we can help you face the wave of your time off the water. I've always hated an injury sideline, but in time, could generally find the gift of the injury and the altered course it gave to my life. You've shown us the importance in taking things lightly as they're laid out before us, truly applying a lot of the stuff many of us just write about. If there's anything we can do to help you through this wave of recovery, I'm sure most folks on this site would be honored by your invitation.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Mike G.

Post by Mike G. »

Yeh Eric, hang in there dude! When I broke my ankle (skateboarding) :roll:
I decided to learn how to play guitar; it was a fair trade.. hope you
heal up quick.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Eric,

I was just scrolling down chat and got the news. I am really sorry. Like Jerry said, I hope you decide to come out and hang with your buds.

Chris.
BSMITH

Post by BSMITH »

Good God! I can't even imagine how much that must suck. We are really going to miss you in the Gorge :cry: Maybe we should leave the skateboards at home! Heal fast. We will tear up some swells for you.
Professor Robae'

Post by Professor Robae' »

Admiral Spottkeeeee! The good news is that you have one good hoof to still shred on. And remember, one good hoof is much better than none. Knowing the Admiral, he will be out, one hoofing it on Millie Lacs within the week. No doubt setting a new trend for the rest of us to follow. (Remember one of the Admiral's aliases is "THE" Pied Piper). See you on the H2O much sooner than later Admiral, I have no doubt! :lol:
Woody

Post by Woody »

Hey Eric, speedy recovery man!!

Learn something new (like was previously posted)....makes time fly by!

Woody
Chris Lock

Post by Chris Lock »

Dang, dem blasted land sports'll get ya every time! I was skating with my son at a skate park last year when I fell. I landed so hard on the cell phone in my pocket that I swear I could almost read the numbers from the keypad in the perfectly phone shaped bruise. As I laid there wondering if I should attempt to move my legs, some whippersnapper comes up and says "dude, are you like, ok? sure you're not to OLD for this?". Beat it kid.
Hmmm.......concrete, hard, bad...........water, soft, good.

Get well soon mon!
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey!

I just got back into town a few hours ago. Man, Minnesota is so GREEN!

I took my time comming back since I'm still on "vacation". One day on the road, one day off. I think it's bad for my foot to have too many hours below my heart. It's still kind of swollen but I'm now able to put full weight on it in my boot-cast.

I have a follow up doc appointment on friday. I think everything is well but I need some hints on rehab or what I should and shouldn't do from a doc. Initial reports are that I should be back and ready to play round Labor Day.

My only regeret is that I won't be able to hit the water with all the guys heading out the Gorge. I have a feeling it's really going to rock in the next few weeks! Shredmania! Wack a Swell for me.

You know you did it good when there is a big spray that rains over your head. Not right away but a few seconds later as the wind pushes your fan back on you. The longer the better. The bigger the fan.

Yeah, sure, I'll miss doing more of them this year but the thing that bums me out the most is that I wont be able to be sailing behind you this summer. I'll miss seeing your misted, smiling face after you Wacked a Swell.

Mucho thanks for the well wishes,

Eric