Noah's Ark

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

pat taylor

Noah's Ark

Post by pat taylor »

Has any one in the twin cities started to build an ark yet? It seems like every time I look at the weather for Mpls/Stp it is raining. One can take the rain if there is wind with it. I had some great sessions in Minnesota in pouring rain. I remember once at Bellaire beach it was pouring rain, and a bunch of us were standing under our sails in waist deep water, and I heard some one say, this still beats being at work. In Arizona were in a 5 year drought. Lake Powell is at its lowest level in 45 years. There are forest fires all over the state. The road leading into Payson was shut down, becase of the forest fire there. Has anyone found the perfect place to live yet? Pat the tan man.
TJ

There is notperfect place!!!

Post by TJ »

I got the perfect!!!! beatiful beaches, windy days, warm people, party environment.........but the crime is there, there is no perfect place; we should try to enjoy and take care of the one we have... :shock:
Enjoying life and Windancing.
steveb

Post by steveb »

Pat if you had not gone out there you could be coming for a swim with us.
Talking about rain and old memories one of mine is we had had a good session at mahtomedi, the wind dropped so we all came in and it started to pour while we derigged. As I drove away I looked back to see Jack Mertz stood in the middle of the rigging area, his head was stooped down and resting on top of it was his sail, his whole self protected from the rain as he used his 6.5 as an umbrella.It was one of the most forlorn sights I have ever seen.

Glad to hear you are well.