South Shore Lake Calhoun Tomorrow Afternoon- TV Filming

Stay connected in the wind. This forum is for anyone who rides the wind, winter or summer, on whatever board suits their fancy. Share the stoke, find out where people are going, ask any question, share your discoveries, and discuss any esoteric idea you may have related to the pursuit of wind. Please keep it positive.

Moderator: MK

Randy

South Shore Lake Calhoun Tomorrow Afternoon- TV Filming

Post by Randy »

Irv, from Environmental Journal on Channel 45 and ESPN-2 will be doing more filming for a show airing a week from this Sunday on the various types of wind toys we engage in Minnesota winters. If you kite, Snofer, Skimbat, Dutch sail/kite, Freeskate, Bavarian style it, whatever...come join us. He plans to be there around 3pm and it looks like good NW wind all afternoon. Hope to see some of you out there.
Ride...just be it!
www.just-be-it.com
Coach

Post by Coach »

sweeet.

I'll drag the toys out and come on by. I've been looking for an excuse to take an afternoon off.

-Coach
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

ouch! another NWer. The south beach is the call for sure. Hopefully the winds will cooperate.

Should be fun.
Tighe
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Hey, I'll come down! NW is about as good as it gets for snowkiting at Calhounes. Here are some pictures from last, err, 2 years ago! http://www.downhaul.com/kites/010124/

I'm starting to feel like a kite fossil.

Well, at least it wasn't so bad last year. Brian S, Mike W and I were on Calhoun Jan 2nd last year and there wasn't any snow and we still had a good time! http://www.downhaul.com/kites/020102/

I'll also bring down my video and still camera to capture the camera guys capturing the wind guys.

I should talk to Larry and see if the Monkey Board is availible for demo tomorrow!
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

Funny! Coach Tighe and me posted within 9 mins of eachother.

I should at least be fun tomorrow. I talked to Jerry S and he's thinking of heading down.

sweet!
Tighe

Post by Tighe »

Call SC in the morning. I'm sure you can pick up the Monkey board. If you don't I will.

I love this shot.
Tighe
Eric S

Post by Eric S »

That's Brian S and Mike W's Felxifoil Blade 4.9 The ice was super smooth and clear for awhile last year on Calhoun. I'll try to stop by and pick up the board. I'll take some pictures and video and if I get a chance to ride it, write a little review or somthing.
Stone

Post by Stone »

Hey Eric. The Monkey is sweet, but the strap bindings I had on it broke. I sewed it a little, but if you use the straps on it, don't get any airs on it if you can help it cause the strap will probably break again. I think it should hold down if it stays on the ice. . . . . . I hope . . . . be careful. You could always use snowboard bindings, but to use them you need some real soft boots with no high back.
Have fun and maybe I'll see you there!
I don't care what time it is; anytime anybody wants to go kiteboarding and wants company, call me on my cell 808-780-5824.